Probably a stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a stupid question

What is the strange aircraft that has suddenly appeared at Newcastle airport showing the radad signal F-EGNT3 and seemingly not moving? I am assuming that it is some sort of fixed equipment but what?

Originally posted by ahammond View Post
    What is the strange aircraft that has suddenly appeared at Newcastle airport showing the radad signal F-EGNT3 and seemingly not moving? I am assuming that it is some sort of fixed equipment but what?

If you look at the hex code (43bf95) on this page it explains what it is, not that it's of much help. I'm in Oz so others in the area may have further information but looks to be on a terminal building, and not an aircraft at all. There are a number of these here around Sydney (SYD/YSSY). Not a stupid question at all.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-08-24, 13:28. Reason: Additional info.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. I thought that it must be some sort fixed equipment but I am still curious to know what it is as a lot of the other codes seem to relate to emergency vehicles etc.

Comment

Working...
      X