Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second guessing destination airport -Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
    A lot of those sources are providing you with complete trash though. The site seems to have gone in a different direction over this past few years where you now seem to aiming for quantity over quality, and it shows (and not in a good way).
    When I in the database thread posted that we are improving quality you call it trash. When I post that we have improved route quality from 80% to 96% you call it trash again and write we aiming for quantity over quality. 80->96% in 1 year is much better quallity if you ask me. But whatever we post you just call it trash. Grow up.

Comment

Would that "big team of developers" be roughly the same size as the "big team of database editors" ?
      There are currently 16 people with access to the database and 11 of them have been logged in last week. It doesn't really matter if there are 10-20-30 or 50 people as the database currently contains 1.100.452 hex codes and that is number that is just too big to handle manually. Just like routes we are working on solutions to automatically update database to both increase speed and quality. Just to give you some numbers last week the database editors have added/updated about 900 rows of data, at the same time our new robot has added/updated data for 36.000 rows. Just today the robot has added more than 15.000 new US registered aircraft. And yes I know, you will call it trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        When I in the database thread posted that we are improving quality you call it trash. When I post that we have improved route quality from 80% to 96% you call it trash again and write we aiming for quantity over quality. 80->96% in 1 year is much better quallity if you ask me. But whatever we post you just call it trash. Grow up.
        The improvements mostly come from people such as myself and other prolific members spending our time correcting the trash that is sent to you from other sources.

Comment

There are currently 16 people with access to the database and 11 of them have been logged in last week.
          Where were these 16 people when Maxi was on vacation for 2 weeks? Answer me that please.

Comment

Trying to second guess GA flights is pointless they are always going to be wrong, the routes bot tries to give our EMS helicopters routes. Routes should be kept to real routes to try and avoid ridiculous suggested destinations. Fully agree its an impossible job with multiple callsigns for the same routes.

Thread drift but the bot thats importing US data needs the sack, I just sampled four aircraft registered since July 1st three had old information and one just had the registration imported. When I updated the TBM-9** yesterday I noticed that only reg and hex were imported on those.

More thread drift the junk ICAO codes are still in the aircraft add drop down despite me posting them numerous times

Comment

Originally posted by apgphoto View Post
              Thread drift but the bot thats importing US data needs the sack, I just sampled four aircraft registered since July 1st three had old information and one just had the registration imported. When I updated the TBM-9** yesterday I noticed that only reg and hex were imported on those.

More thread drift the junk ICAO codes are still in the aircraft add drop down despite me posting them numerous times
              Dear Paul, please don't raise these minor issues! My analytics software says there's been a 16% improvement in data quality so you are clearly wrong!

Comment

The improvements mostly come from people such as myself and other prolific members spending our time correcting the trash that is sent to you from other sources.
                96% is the number of correct routes. Route improvements have nothing to do with aircraft data improvements. But thanks we appreciate all data corrections!

Comment

Trying to second guess GA flights is pointless they are always going to be wrong, the routes bot tries to give our EMS helicopters routes. Routes should be kept to real routes to try and avoid ridiculous suggested destinations. Fully agree its an impossible job with multiple callsigns for the same routes.
                  As I wrote in my previous post https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post95179 the matching computer don't know if a flight is GA, cargo, passenger or charter flight. It knows the callsign, nothing more. For you when seeing text 'EMS' or 'Ambulance' it's very easy to know it's one rescue mission. For the computer doing the matching it's just a callsign like any other, nothing more.

No one needs to be sacked, it works just as expected. First step is to import Hex and Reg (that is why we don't want Brazilian, German och Chinese aircraft on US hex codes) and the next step is to populate correct data. Over 100k hex codes have been imported this week and of these over 36k have been populated so far.

Comment

Dear Paul, please don't raise these minor issues! My analytics software says there's been a 16% improvement in data quality so you are clearly wrong!
                    Once again, route improvements have absolutely nothing to do with aircraft data.

Comment

But thanks we appreciate all data corrections!
                      Crikey! Recognition and appreciation at last! Are you feeling alright Mike? Not bumped your head on something and feeling a bit off color, no?

Comment

73.6% Of All Statistics Are Made Up

Comment

Example of a 'last known route' reused I mention which ends in what you guys see based on closest receiver/airport.

It did do gry-chc earlier. But now it's a new leg but already populated in an assumed reverse direction.

As the callsign = registration (like most small aircraft) the destination is moot unless left as ??? And then populated after the fact if filed route not available.

Although it has been filed with at least one of the international route suppliers obviously. Headed to Chatham island off the East coast.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                          X