Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Second guessing destination airport -Why?

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by apgphoto View Post
    Thread drift but the bot thats importing US data needs the sack, I just sampled four aircraft registered since July 1st three had old information and one just had the registration imported. When I updated the TBM-9** yesterday I noticed that only reg and hex were imported on those.

More thread drift the junk ICAO codes are still in the aircraft add drop down despite me posting them numerous times
    Dear Paul, please don't raise these minor issues! My analytics software says there's been a 16% improvement in data quality so you are clearly wrong!
    <<< Tyke's Aero Blog >>>. Documenting Boeing production and deliveries since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
    The improvements mostly come from people such as myself and other prolific members spending our time correcting the trash that is sent to you from other sources.
    96% is the number of correct routes. Route improvements have nothing to do with aircraft data improvements. But thanks we appreciate all data corrections!

Trying to second guess GA flights is pointless they are always going to be wrong, the routes bot tries to give our EMS helicopters routes. Routes should be kept to real routes to try and avoid ridiculous suggested destinations. Fully agree its an impossible job with multiple callsigns for the same routes.
    As I wrote in my previous post https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post95179 the matching computer don't know if a flight is GA, cargo, passenger or charter flight. It knows the callsign, nothing more. For you when seeing text 'EMS' or 'Ambulance' it's very easy to know it's one rescue mission. For the computer doing the matching it's just a callsign like any other, nothing more.

Thread drift but the bot thats importing US data needs the sack, I just sampled four aircraft registered since July 1st three had old information and one just had the registration imported. When I updated the TBM-9** yesterday I noticed that only reg and hex were imported on those.
    No one needs to be sacked, it works just as expected. First step is to import Hex and Reg (that is why we don't want Brazilian, German och Chinese aircraft on US hex codes) and the next step is to populate correct data. Over 100k hex codes have been imported this week and of these over 36k have been populated so far.

Dear Paul, please don't raise these minor issues! My analytics software says there's been a 16% improvement in data quality so you are clearly wrong!
    Once again, route improvements have absolutely nothing to do with aircraft data.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    But thanks we appreciate all data corrections!
    Crikey! Recognition and appreciation at last! Are you feeling alright Mike? Not bumped your head on something and feeling a bit off color, no?
    <<< Tyke's Aero Blog >>>. Documenting Boeing production and deliveries since 2004.

Captain
    73.6% Of All Statistics Are Made Up

Super Moderator
    Example of a 'last known route' reused I mention which ends in what you guys see based on closest receiver/airport.

It did do gry-chc earlier. But now it's a new leg but already populated in an assumed reverse direction.

As the callsign = registration (like most small aircraft) the destination is moot unless left as ??? And then populated after the fact if filed route not available.

Although it has been filed with at least one of the international route suppliers obviously. Headed to Chatham island off the East coast.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers