Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder showing "Offline" on FlightRadar24.com

Hi,

I just setup a feeder unit with a Raspberry Pi and a DVB-T stick and if I go to my feeder on flightradar24.com it says its offline, but if I go to 10.0.0.2:8754 it says this Screenshot_3.png. I am confused now.

Thanks

'Connected' in that window, simply means it *thinks* the decoder is reachable.

First question, are you uploading to anyone else already - if so, chosing DVBT will not work.

Else, there is no signal/received aircraft as its showing 0 and will not initiate until it does so.

You will need to use SSH/telnet, stop and run it in normal window mode to ensure the output during startup looks normal.

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I am not uploading anywhere else, at least I shouldnt be, and there are aircraft in the airspace around me so surely it should be receiving a signal. Everything looks normal if I run in a normal window mode during startup

Comment

Are you super sure.

Errors like wrong tuner on stick are easily missed. (you can copy paste as long as you don't include @ symbols)

Standard antenna should be good for 70nm or so if in a goodish location. The only other thing besides bad signal can be issue connecting to device.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It pings as if it is working but aircraft are flying very close to my house and it is not picking them up

Comment

Ping = keep connection alive as no signal

Comment

Why are aircraft not being picked up? Also how can I activate my premium subscription, I've logged in with the same email I used to setup the feeder

Comment

I don't know. Hence me suggest you check the startup process and antenna and such.

As pointed out, not all receivers are the same. With the wrong type of tuner it just wont pickup the right frequency.

Subscriptions won't activate until the server proves you have a working uploader and data is being received and sent on

Comment

Screenshot_4.jpg. This is what I get when I check the startup process

Comment

Now getting somewhere.

Usb claim error 6, 2nd page of FAQs above.

USB device already locked/in use or blacklisted
                    - Follow RPi RTL blacklist How-to guide here
                    - Close other instances of Dump1090/RTL1090 or check task manager for running instance
                    - Configure other software for Network data (remove exclusive USB need
                    Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      Now getting somewhere.

Usb claim error 6, 2nd page of FAQs above.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                      Thanks for this, a simple reboot seems to have solved it

Comment

Working...
                      X