X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Multiple Feeds - removal

Originally posted by YARM-Armidale View Post
    Thank you K5TED,

Outstanding reply! Must say after 800 odd views of the question I was starting to wonder if I would ever get a reply at all but thank you !!

I will certainly follow up on these items and give them a try. This is certainly the advice and suggestions I had been looking for.

Regards,
    Nigel
    Last week, I wanted to upgrade PiAware from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1. Well... I THOUGHT I was upgrading. Actually, I accidentally did it on the wrong Pi and instead of upgrading, I installed it on the same Pi that was already running FlightAware24. And, without any modification, it started using the same SDR feed and started feeding data to FA. So I was feeding 2 servers with flight data from the same Pi without any modifications. So it is dead simple.

However, there is a problem. Both of these bits of software use 8080 as the web interface and I have not been able to get FR24 to change although there is a setting to change it. I set it to 8090 and rebooted but no change. If I could just get one of them to change to another port, say 8090, then I could retire one Pi and use my best antenna for both feeds.

Any ideas one how to force either FA or FR24 to change web ports would solve the entire problem. No splitters needed. No software tweeking needed except for changing the web port for either one of them.

Sad that FA support cannot tell me how to uninstall their own software. It is easy to install but, apparently, impossible to uninstall. I removed it from the autostart file (I forget the name right now) but it apparently put it back somehow. Still running. I have asked twice and they refuse to tell me how to uninstall. They just said to look around for that information on the web or in this forum. THANKS??? I really want to get it off because it is still sending in data and doubling my input with, essentially the same data.

Mike Morrow

Originally posted by MikeyMoMo View Post
    Last week, I wanted to upgrade PiAware from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1. Well... I THOUGHT I was upgrading. Actually, I accidentally did it on the wrong Pi and instead of upgrading, I installed it on the same Pi that was already running FlightAware24. And, without any modification, it started using the same SDR feed and started feeding data to FA. So I was feeding 2 servers with flight data from the same Pi without any modifications. So it is dead simple.

However, there is a problem. Both of these bits of software use 8080 as the web interface and I have not been able to get FR24 to change although there is a setting to change it. I set it to 8090 and rebooted but no change. If I could just get one of them to change to another port, say 8090, then I could retire one Pi and use my best antenna for both feeds.

Any ideas one how to force either FA or FR24 to change web ports would solve the entire problem. No splitters needed. No software tweeking needed except for changing the web port for either one of them.

Sad that FA support cannot tell me how to uninstall their own software. It is easy to install but, apparently, impossible to uninstall. I removed it from the autostart file (I forget the name right now) but it apparently put it back somehow. Still running. I have asked twice and they refuse to tell me how to uninstall. They just said to look around for that information on the web or in this forum. THANKS??? I really want to get it off because it is still sending in data and doubling my input with, essentially the same data.

Mike Morrow
    Got your provider/terminology and or short names for the providers feeder software confused? (I don't believe there is a flightaware24)

FA=Flightaware = 'Piaware'
    Or their own product Flightfeeder (no 24)

FR24 = Flightradar24 = 'fr24feed' / 'Pi24'

BTW, FR24 doesn't use port 8080 for any of the onboard services? The config port is :8754 and data outputs 30002/30334 or 30003.

Unless you mean the interactive web portal from dump1090 that isn included and used to make a map, in which case if you used the scripting install correctly for either provider to install it shouldn't conflict/open both. But will detect and use the same single active/running version.

Theres 2 parts required. Dump1090 - does the work (common between providers) + uploader/inbound processing software

You can see what is running using the pgrep commands
    Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

However, commands to remove in linux

sudo apt-get remove --purge <packagename>

For instance
    Feed component:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge FR24feed
    sudo apt-get remove --purge piaware

RTL/USB reading component:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge dump1090-fa (piawares version if present - will kill the core component and a lot more will break!!)
    sudo apt-get remove --purge dump1090-mutability (if present - will kill the core component and a lot more will break!!)
    sudo apt-get remove --purge mr-dump1090 (FR24s version if present - will kill the core component and a lot more will break!!)

But you would be far better off using the reconfigure commands.
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability
    sudo piaware-config
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-08-16, 12:06.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMoMo View Post
      They just said to look around for that information on the web or in this forum.
      Why would FlightAware suggest you ask on this forum when it has its own?
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
        Why would FlightAware suggest you ask on this forum when it has its own?
        I too headscratched
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

People can get confused when accessing flightaware by using other domains like FlightAware24.com and other domains.

FlightAware24.com = FlightAware
          Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2017-08-16, 13:26.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

@MikeyMoMo

Check the SSH terminal command prompt.

(1) If it is "pi@piaware", the image/os you have written to your microSD card is a Piaware image downloaded from http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build

(2) If it is "pi@raspberrypi", it is one of the following image/os you have written to your microSD card
            OR

To enable forum members to know what you have installed, tell:
            (1) what command prompt you see in SSH console.
            (2) From which of above sites you downloaded the OS image.
            (3) Give following commands one by one, and post output of each:

Code:
            apt-cache policy dump1090-fa

apt-cache policy mr-dump1090

apt-cache policy dump1090

apt-cache policy dump1090-mutability
            Last edited by abcd567; 2017-08-16, 21:24.

Comment

Working...
            X