Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visibility of Navaids, wypoints and airways

Hi,
    I haven't been on FR24 for some weeks. Now when I zoom in the map to 2 km Navaids, wypoints and airways disappear. I checked that on different computers, same result. What can I do?

Best regards
    Jörg

Don't zoom in that far if you wish to see?

They are like labels and are only visible at certain levels to stop screen clutter

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

There was a short period of time yesterday (15th) between approx. 22.00 & 23.00hrs (Australian Eastern time) when the navaids and high/low altitude routes were playing up. They would either not display at all or were intermittent irrespective of zoom level. All seems good at the moment (09.45hrs on 16th Aust eastern).

Regards,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2017-08-16, 00:00.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

I probably sounded a bit short from my mobile.

That is, the map is over laid from 3rd party sources. Some of them have a limitation of level of detail. While FR likely stop them below a level for performance/experience reasons. May also come down to accuracy of the overlay at shorter distance given most are designed to be from 'above' altitude
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

In saying that, got a screenshot and browser details etc?

As most of them seem to stay on for me..

Comment

There's a novel idea, post a pic of something that's not there!

I wasn't even going to chime in on this except that Zorro also noted it. Was on Firefox and as it was particularly late I didn't notice if it occurred on the likes of Chrome or IE. I think it was likely something that only occurred for a brief time anyway, haven't noticed it at all today.

Regards,
            Gregg
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Waypoints

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Don't zoom in that far if you wish to see?

They are like labels and are only visible at certain levels to stop screen clutter

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
              The name of the waypoints are only visible when you zoom in to 2 km or below

Comment

I changed the "map style" in "settings" and then changed it back, after that all worked fine, perhaps it was a problem with my cache - but I had the same issue on two computers

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
                  There's a novel idea, post a pic of something that's not there!

I wasn't even going to chime in on this except that Zorro also noted it. Was on Firefox and as it was particularly late I didn't notice if it occurred on the likes of Chrome or IE. I think it was likely something that only occurred for a brief time anyway, haven't noticed it at all today.

Regards,
                  Gregg
                  Ah, but he said it vanishes below 2kms. Which means above it they are there, and people could goto the same area of screen and try replicate it to eliminate difference in countries/browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Ah, but he said it vanishes below 2kms. Which means above it they are there, and people could goto the same area of screen and try replicate it to eliminate difference in countries/browsers.
                    ... and even though it was particularly late in the night I investigated further, finding it to be occurring irrespective of zoom, as I stated in my first post. I seemed to have taken it a little further than zorro by zooming back out and rechecking at those levels. The only shortcoming there was I had been unable to check other browsers as my pillow was calling. As it appeared to be intermittent and then the following day was no longer occurring there didn't seem to be a lot of point to post pics of something which seemed to me was no longer apparent and likely to be no more than a 'glitch.' Whatever the cause the issue now certainly seems to have resolved.

The point of my initial post was also to reassure zorro and others that it was likely not an issue at a local level and have them scratching their heads searching for an answer at their end. That conclusion, at least at present, seems to have been vindicated as no one else seems to have noticed or raised the issue.

Regards,
                    Gregg
                    Last edited by fungus; 2017-08-18, 01:35.

Comment

Working...
                    X