Super Confused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Confused!

On a new SD Card I have downloaded and installed the latest Pi24 image. After starting my Pi3 I followed the link to activate but no receiver was identified. So I followed the instruction to execute this command:

Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
    I added my email, sharing key, lat/long/height etc. and all seemed OK. My new account immediately says there is a software update available and points me to this post for updating RPi :

HTML Code:
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/8908-New-Flightradar24-feeding-software-for-Raspberry-Pie?p=66479#post66479
    This post doesn't actually address the preferred option of updating via apt-get.

What are the commands for updating my Pi24 feeder using apt-get?

Thanks.
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Update:

It seems that the update refers to a radar that was installed during the Pi24 setup but not the one I've set up using my 'old' sharing key. So next question is; how to remove a radar from my feeds that is not actually being used?
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

The Pi image has (a) version preinstalled. And part of the questionnaire seems to take care of what a new feeder would need who has never before had an ID. Whereas the scripted install is for existing ones to install onto a reloaded/fresh OS and customize or add to a device already setup feeding elsewhere

Guessing the image hasn't been updated in a while and likely to do the same going forward then. (Yipee)

I tried to force update once and narrowed down some commands that seem to work (so added to my long winded post), not used the image stamp but should also

Update fr24feed
      sudo apt-get update - refresh available app update list
      sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade fr24feed - manually check for update
      - Will search for a new version and advise if 0 bytes were to be installed (no change) or if a new update was to be.
      I bought this up with the powers that be recently. That there are likely 'dead' IDs out there that should never have been. Or made in error when people don't use --signup to reconfigure.

But it will only go alive after implementing monitoring emails. Where if a user has sent no data since registration (clearly trying to get a free account without realising you need some hardware etc) an email is sent, more than a period a warning sent of impending doom. More than that again the ID removed/released.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

OK, I've backed the truck up here and reformatted my SD card to plain old Jessie lite, installed and started Modesdeco2 with a 30003 output stream. I then ran the FR24 feeder script, that's the one in the first post of this thread, setting the input to the SBS 30003 port data. Set up went well and the feeder starts but............my statistics page has me off line, no data but orange bars for current activity. Doing a status check just shows this:

Code:
        ● fr24feed.service - LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
           Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/fr24feed)
           Active: active (running) since Tue 2017-08-15 21:51:34 NZST; 10h ago
          Process: 19200 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/fr24feed start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
           CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
                   └─19211 /usr/bin/fr24feed -- --monitor-file=/dev/shm/fr24feed.txt --write-pid=/var/run/fr24feed.pid --quiet

Aug 15 21:51:34 raspberrypi fr24feed[19200]: Starting FR24 feeder: fr24feed.
        Aug 15 21:51:34 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.
        I have no idea from this what my status is nor why my feeder is offline.

Can someone guide me please?
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

The other apparently undocumented hitch I found recently after sending someone down the same road. Standard 30003 BS output isn't a valid source anymore.

Seems only AVR/RAW works. Best bet is to configure modes2deco to beast format (standard 30005) and try latching that.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks mate, I know how to do the Modesdeco reconfigure but how do I now reconfigure the FR feed for to pick up the raw stream?
            Michael
            Palmerston North,
            New Zealand
            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

While its running (seems to be now) fire up a browser and go <PiIPaddress>:8754 and you should get a web config page (possibly unstable if its constantly restarting)

'settings' should let you change the format to AVR(TCP) and specify a port from what it currently is

Comment

Actually if I recall there is a beast(TCP) separate too

Comment

Cheers, I'll give it a shot very soon.
                  Michael
                  Palmerston North,
                  New Zealand
                  ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Got it, back online, cher bro!
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder