Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sbs-3 sitting to feed fr24

Passenger
    This is what they link to from the "Share your data" page, obviously wrong. But thanks for your help! Is this one working fine with SBS-3?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    This is what they link to from the "Share your data" page, obviously wrong. But thanks for your help! Is this one working fine with SBS-3?
    Theory has it yes, noone has confirmed to know

but to be sure just create a new directory and expand into it. And copy your fr24feed.ini file in. Then you can always go back to the old.

Hopefully they notice and update that url too.

Feed.flightradar24.com is a good one to bookmark

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Few versions since my post now. Works for me ? http://feed.flightradar24.com/window...2_1.0.19-6.zip or ctrl f5 browser

Oblivian,
    I attempted yesterday to update my feeder to the version in your post (fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-6), using two methods.

Firstly I simply replaced the .exe file into my existing feeder folder but it wouldn't work, the DOS window entering an endless loop of error messages etc.

Then I tried replacing the entire folder which meant setting it up again via the DOS window but on reaching the question about using RAW data on 30334 it didn't matter whether I responded 'Y' or 'N' the result was the same, it kept repeating the same question over and over.

Looks to be a no-go, at least for my SBS1 on a Windows 8.1 laptop. I'll give it another attempt tomorrow as I wasn't able to this morning with Windows Update wanting its way with my lappy.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2018-01-28 at 01:41.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Super Moderator
    Because it needs the full word typed

No

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    I'm still amazed after all these years how bad support we have from the fr24 team considering they are depending on data from us. Yes i got it most receivers nowadays are FR24s own ones but still lots of them are Raspberries and Windows ones.. and no matter you have your own receiver or "original" the network is driven by enthusiasts.

Working abroad at the moment so i can't try the new version yet, the old one still running like a charm so i just keep that one till god knows when..

No

Hmm..interesting, it never has in previous versions and I'm sure it was the same yesterday. Regardless, I'll have another try tomorrow.

Regards,
    Gregg
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Passenger
    Theory has it yes, noone has confirmed to know

but to be sure just create a new directory and expand into it. And copy your fr24feed.ini file in. Then you can always go back to the old.

Hopefully they notice and update that url too.

Feed.flightradar24.com is a good one to bookmark

The changelog link after the new Windows version looks like the same as for Raspberry??

Download the latest software for Windows

2018.01.19 - Download version 1.0.19-6 (changelog)

Super Moderator
    They're ports of each other. So when one version is compiled so is the other

Windows one isn't as complicated as the Linux issue since it uses windows drivers and so on. But the initial new release was to fix the SBS USB issues. And just blew out from there on Linux.

No

Once again tried to install the latest feeder software version to my SBS1 and once again it will not work, refusing to connect to the unit regardless of install method- and 'Yes' I did have to use the entire word 'Yes' or 'No' That said, I can't say how the owners of the SBS1ER or SBS3 will go.

Regards,
    Gregg

Passenger
    I've been running the software 1.0.19-15 for windows three days now with no problems.

Donnie