AR view not working in iPad Air 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR view not working in iPad Air 2

I am relatively new to flightradar24 Pro. On my iPhone the AR view works. On my iPad Air2 when I click on AR View, the camera begins, the little map circle appears at the bottom of the screen but does not rotate as I move around and the details of what appears to be a random plane (i.e. not one in the line of sight when I switch it on but which does appear in the map circle) partially appears at the very top left. Planes do appear to be moving in the map circle.
    I have uninstalled/reinstalled,I have even done a hard reset on the iPad and then reinstalled - all to no avail.
    The compass function works on the Maps app so presumably it is not a hardware problem with the compass.
    Can anyone help?

The WiFi version of the iPad is missing GPS (and possible compass) so the AR view will never work correctly. It's only possible to run the AR view on 3G/4G versions of the iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      The WiFi version of the iPad is missing GPS (and possible compass) so the AR view will never work correctly. It's only possible to run the AR view on 3G/4G versions of the iPad.
      Thanks
      That solves the problem - this is a WiFi only version

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Not so, I have just tried it on my iPad 3, this is the WiFi only version and it runs just fine, at first I thought I had the same problem as David as I also had the random plane box stuck at the top left, however in the bottom right corner of the screen there are 2 small upright yellow bars that look like a pause symbol, tap them and they turn white and everything starts to work, the slider just above this controls the map size and therefore the distance at which planes become visible.
        Ben.

NB obviously you need to be in WiFi range when using this!
        Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2017-07-13, 19:18. Reason: Extra info
        FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Working...
        X