Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder location by GPS

Hi all

I have a Pi 3 setup with gps for location as I want it to be mobile between home and work. Piaware can see that gpsd is running and uses the feeder location automatically - can the FR24 feed do the same?

Thanks

Nope. Gps input is ignored in frs implementation.

The server will still think it's in 1 place as when signed up

That's why they have added the home location function in stats, to lower support calls.

But it's broken. So don't use it atm.

It reissues new IDs every time

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Best bet is to probably just turn mlat off. Others have their GPS location included, and the knowing home location calculates the time to distance reference. So switching it off will just stop the server scratching head over the changes

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Best bet is to probably just turn mlat off. Others have their GPS location included, and the knowing home location calculates the time to distance reference. So switching it off will just stop the server scratching head over the changes

Thanks Oblivian. Yeah I found that way to move my location in the user/stats page - pity it's broke. Hopefully one day the feeder program will read gpsd if it's running

Comment

Cant we change location (latitude & longitude) by giving following command?

Code:
          sudo fr24feed --signup

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            Cant we change location (latitude & longitude) by giving following command?

Code:
            sudo fr24feed --signup
            Hmmm, a script to get the location from gpsd and then run --signup with the new location

Comment

Working...
            X