Want to feed FR24 with FA Flightfeeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to feed FR24 with FA Flightfeeder

Hi everyone,I recently set up a fa flightfeeder and it's working fairly well.I would like to feed FR24 with it as well,but after a week of trawling through forums i can't seem to be able to find a tutorial on how to do this.I could set up a pi on a separate antenna but I would much rather just use the flightfeeder.Fa has no problem with me feeding other sites.If anyone can help walk me through this that would be awesome,thanks.

Is the Flightfeeder loaned to you by Flightaware or you have purchased it? If loaned, you may not have permission to install or modify software on it. If purchased, may be you can install software on it. Please check Flightaware Support.

If allowed, SSH into Flightfeeder and install a software using root previlage (sudo). Try to install FR24 feeder using following command:

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

If successful, you have to configure it for receiver type ModeSBeast, and Host/IP 127.0.0.1, Port 30005

EDIT
    Installation of FR24 datafeeder on Flightfeeder is not permitted by Flightaware. Please see my post below.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2017-07-06, 04:44.

Comment

We are always trying to improve information so such things are obvious.

Can you advise what forum area/terms you used to not find it?

As there are a multitude of stickies and or informative ones with above install command

The share your data, and feeder download areas of the site also

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

And the feeder section of the forum:
      Last update - April 12, 2019: It has become very common that users want to install multiple feeders to feed multiple sites like FlightRadar24, Flightaware, Planefinder, Adsbexchange, Radarbox24, etc etc. Basically feeding to any site requires following software: (1) An Operating System like Noobs, Raspbian, Ubuntu etc. (2) A

We are happy to announce the release of MLAT based on Raspberry Pi receivers. If you would like to participate, please make sure you have the following: Raspberry Pi B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 DVB-T USB receiver with antenna Fairly good location to install the antenna Tests were performed on RPi B+ and RPi2 with Raspbian OS,

LAST UPDATED: 23rd July, 2019 This thread provides guide for following 3 options: OPTION - 1: PI24 image with integral dump1090-mutability ver 1.14 and fr24feed. Other feeders to be installed by user. For detailed guide, please see this post: 2019 - PI24 (Image) QuickStart Guide (https://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/12643
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Just now checked Flightaware, found modification of Flightfeeder software is not permitted. From terms of agreement:

"I understand that the FlightFeeder equipment is the property of FlightAware and I will not modify the hardware or softwarre."

The option left now is to purchase a Raspberry Pi, and install FR24 feeder on RPi. Please see this post for configuration:

Greetings. I'm already feeding FR24 using the windows feeding software set to listen to the data over the network of a Flightfeeder from flightaware, and I have not set a raspberry pi feeder yet, so my question is the following: -Is it possible to set the Fr24 feeder on raspberry PI to feed the data I receive over the

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          Just now checked Flightaware, found modification of Flightfeeder software is not permitted. From terms of agreement:

"I understand that the FlightFeeder equipment is the property of FlightAware and I will not modify the hardware or softwarre."

The option left now is to purchase a Raspberry Pi, and install FR24 feeder on RPi. Please see this post for configuration:

Greetings. I'm already feeding FR24 using the windows feeding software set to listen to the data over the network of a Flightfeeder from flightaware, and I have not set a raspberry pi feeder yet, so my question is the following: -Is it possible to set the Fr24 feeder on raspberry PI to feed the data I receive over the

Believe that refers to the source code and or recompiling their edition. As

Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.

Can I share data from FlightFeeder with other sites? (Back to top)

Sure! FlightAware encourages the sharing of all available ADS-B data for maximum collaboration and sharing within the community.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the info,the only reason id like to use the fa feeder is that the antenna was professionally installed 9 metres above the roof at a huge cost,and if I go the pi route,the antenna for that will be a lot lower.I am not computer savvy at all so i think i'll just put up a separate setup for fr 24.Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Hi Oblivian,yes there are heaps of instructions but none pacific about what to do to install the feeder onto the fa flightfeeder. For example,do i just add the fr24 install straight onto the existing memory stick of the fa feeder or do i have to do something else ?
              Not to worry,i'll just set up a pi and go from there.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NetRanger View Post
                Hi Oblivian,yes there are heaps of instructions but none pacific about what to do to install the feeder onto the fa flightfeeder. For example,do i just add the fr24 install straight onto the existing memory stick of the fa feeder or do i have to do something else ?
                Not to worry,i'll just set up a pi and go from there.Thanks for the reply.
                Much like the setup process of FAs product, if you installed Pi42 it would over-write the entire card.

But if you run the command from the 'contribute data' it runs a similar to FAs wizard and asks questions along the way, detecting the pre-existing software and simply complimenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Believe that refers to the source code and or recompiling their edition. As

http://flightaware.com/adsb/faq#sharing
                  You can use the port data that's available from the FlightFeeder. But you're not allowed to add to or modify the software.

Can I access a streaming ADS-B data feed from FlightFeeder or PiAware?

Yes, FlightFeeders and PiAware supports TCP connections to the following ports for data access:

30002 for raw/unparsed messages in AVR format

30003 for parsed messages in BaseStation format

30005 for raw/unparsed messages in Beast binary format

30105 for multilateration results (only) in Beast binary format (for FlightFeeders, the device must be running 7.x or newer software)

30106 for multilateration results (only) in extended BaseStation format (for FlightFeeders, the device must be running 7.x or newer software)
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Well thats not terribly clear. Given to do so you usually need to add some software, to utilise said ports.

Unless you specifically got windows editions of all the other suppliers and had 2x fulltime units.

Comment

OPTION -1
                      Install FR24 Feeder directly on FA FlightFeeder's existing memory stick (if root privileges are available to enable install of FR24 Feeder)
                      This option is NOT feasible as Flightaware's terms & condition do not allow installation of FR24 data feeder software on Flightfeeder.

Commitment at the time of ordering a FlightFeeder:
                      "I understand that the FlightFeeder equipment is the property of FlightAware and I will not modify the hardware or software."

OPTION -2
                      Install FR24 Feeder on an RPi and get data from FA Flightfeeder on network.
                      This does NOT violate Flightaware's terms and conditions, and is a feasible solution.

Quote from Flightaware's Frequently Asked Questions:
                      "Can I share data from FlightFeeder with other sites?
                      Sure! FlightAware encourages the sharing of all available ADS-B data for maximum collaboration and sharing within the community."

Last edited by abcd567; 2017-07-06, 18:45.

Comment

Well thats not terribly clear. Given to do so you usually need to add some software, to utilise said ports.
                        I think it's pretty clear:

1. You cannot add to or edit the FlightFeeder software.

2. Data is available on various ports in various formats.

3. This data can be used to share the FlightFeeder output with other sites.

How to share the data is up to the FlightFeeder host, provided it adheres to the terms of use.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                          I think it's pretty clear:

1. You cannot add to or edit the FlightFeeder software.

2. Data is available on various ports in various formats.

3. This data can be used to share the FlightFeeder output with other sites.

How to share the data is up to the FlightFeeder host, provided it adheres to the terms of use.
                          Teach me to copy/paste my sources from another existing thread searching where the OP couldn't find then

Hello everybody. I'm new here. So if this post is in the wrong site. My apologize. Can someone please tell me how to do this? , if that posible? Thanks David

Comment

Unless you specifically got windows editions of all the other suppliers and had 2x fulltime units.
                            To utilize data from FlightFeeder's Ports, no software is required to be added to Flightfeeder itself. The Flightfeeder is pre-configured to feed data over network.

The option-2 in my above post utilizes FF data WITHOUT doing anything to FF.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                              To utilize data from FlightFeeder's Ports, no software is required to be added to Flightfeeder itself. The Flightfeeder is pre-configured to feed data over network.

The option-2 in my above post utilizes FF data WITHOUT doing anything to FF.
                              Yes, but going by their agreement. To even think of adding to it is a no-no, So a 2nd device is required regardless to attach via IP.

Comment

Working...
                              X