Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d search (space & time) for crossing/converging flights

Grrr, can't post links

Is there a way a seeing the flights that cross within a certain area at a certain time? (kind of like the Strava flyby feature (labs .strava com/flyby/))

I was on this flight (www .flightradar24 .com/data/flights/fr4953/#dcf250c) in seat 15F when a flash of oraange going under the right wing travelling in the opposite direction caught my eye at around 10:34 (UTC). It was instantaneous and only out the corner of my eye so probably seemed closer than it was (it might not even have been orange). My aircraft took no avoiding action so it must have been normal separation but I'm curious to know / see what flight it was. Is there anywehre of seeing the flights in an area at a certain time to find out what flight it was?

Thanks.

What about using the playback function for the flight you've been on?
    T-EDDG63

Comment

Originally posted by Cagou View Post
      Downside being the playback is usually no more than 7 days if not a feeder, and lacks a bit if it was mlatted traffic

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

How does that help? It only shows the one flight or am I missing something?

Comment

There is a global playback feature on the website (clock with counter clock-wise arrow on the right side of the screen) which provides playback for all tracked flights at once.

Determine the location of your flight @ 1034Z, then use global playback feature for that time at this location.
          T-EDDG63

Comment

Originally posted by crapo View Post
            How does that help? It only shows the one flight or am I missing something?
            Time based playback is capable of showing all traffic in the view areas. Specific flight playback will only show that aircraft

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Downside being the playback is usually no more than 7 days if not a feeder, and lacks a bit if it was mlatted traffic
              You're right. My answer was intended as a generic workaround. In this case, it might be too late for a non-subscriber. However, I was just thinking about a general solution to this request.
              T-EDDG63

Comment

There is a global playback feature on the website (clock with counter clock-wise arrow on the right side of the screen) which provides playback for all tracked flights at once.

Determine the location of your flight @ 1034Z, then use global playback feature for that time at this location.
                Ah, brilliant, thanks! Turns out it was the BRU-FCO Alitalia flight and there was a 1000 feet of vertical separation so all good as expected. Sure did feel less than that out of the corner of my eye!

RYR96CH_AZA59E.jpgRYR96CH_AZA59E_2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X