Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FUTURE FEATURE REQUESTS & UPDATES - Data Sharing

Passenger
    Request Wake Island Airfield info be added to your database. PWAK is a Pacific Ocean outpost that is inhabited and has flights from Hickam Field in Honolulu serve it. The airfield also serves as an emergency landing site for trans Pacific flights as well as posts weather data for the airfield. I recently switched to Flightradar24 from another app that did provide this information. I would like to see it included in the Flightradar24 app. Thanks.

Passenger
    I run a feeder on Ubuntu Server 18.04.2 LTS and therefore suggest that the fr24feed 64-bit binary for Linux is updated (from time to time) as the version available now is nearly three years old. According to the change log, at lot of good stuff has happened since version 1.0.18-5 :-)
    Last edited by erpomik; 2019-02-12 at 20:31.

Passenger
    Would be nice with an option of having T-radars monitored by FR24 so one could get a notification, if the feed suddenly stops.

Local monitoring (I use XYmon) is not always enough. You can monitor that services (dump1090 and fr24feed) are running, but not if they produce any feeds to FR24.

Passenger
    In recent versions of the PI package the init script has disappeared. Not everyone has converted (nor is willing to convert) to systemd and this requires us to rewrite the init script. Would be nice to still have it in the package.

Passenger
    Are there any plans for updating the current maps of the world? I have noticed that some airports look the same they did years ago I do know that there have been updates at the airport its self to the layout.

Activation of Pi24

When someone tries to activate Pi24, the activation page does NOT detect the new RPi running Pi24

Instead it sends to another page which asks user to run bash script to install fr24feed.

This is strange. Pi24 image already has fr24feed and dump1090 pre-installed. Why to reinstall these?

For Pi24 image, the user should be asked to run "fr24feed --signup", and not the bash script to re-install the already present and functioning fr24feed.

And the million dollar question is "Why activation page does not detect and list new Pi24?"
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-08-06 at 19:09.

SBNV new Airport , Goiania , Brazil .

I would like to add the new registered aerodrome with good movement of private aviation, ICAO-- SBNV, located in the city of goiania near SBGO, coordinates
    -16.625759, -49.348554
    I hope I have contributed to improving the site experience

Passenger

Suggestion for mobile version

Once in a while I see someone complain that in its mobile version,FR24 shows too big a detail window when an airplane is selected. As of now, the detail window is toggled on/off with successive taps on the airplane symbol (or closes by tapping out of the airplane symbol).
    So here is the suggestion. Instead of a simple on/off toggle selection, tapping on the airplane symbol would have 3-phase action on selection:

- tap on an airplane => The airplane is selected, it shows in red and its track is displayed, but detail window is NOT shown.

- tap AGAIN on same airplane => It stays selected, plus the detail window is shown.

- tap a THIRD time (or tap outside the airplane symbol) => airplane is de-selected.

If an airplane is selected (either with or without the detail window showing) and ANOTHER airplane is tapped, this other airplane would be selected, initially with no detail window.

Of course the logic could be reversed (maybe even made user-definable via "settings" menu), showing FIRST the usual detail window, AND THEN the no-detail selection on the second tap.

If implemented, this would allow us to keep following selected aircraft and see their tracks without sacrificing precious mobile screen real state, and still have access to the full detail window if/when desired.
    T-SSBL3

Passenger
    Where would I go to request an airport for the DB?

Passenger
    Would like to also see an email notification if the receiver is online, but isn't feeding data for a user selectable timeframe (f.ex 1,2,4,6,12,24,48,96,... hrs).

T