Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FUTURE FEATURE REQUESTS & UPDATES - Data Sharing

Purser
    Access from the My Account / Statistics page to a listing of what the feeder station is receiving/uploading - similar to <ip_of_pi>:8754/tracked.html. This would help in confirming that my feeder stations data is being uploaded, especially for those 'remote' installations not connected to your local network.

Thanks

Peter

Team FR24
    Thanks Peter! This has already been added to our list of things to improve/add to stats page.
    --

Passenger
    fr24feed 64-bit binaries are urgently needed for new boards, faster and low power consumption, boards, like Libre Computer "Le Potato" and ASUS "Tinker Board" using ARM64 architecture, aka aarch64, aka ARMv8 !upp
    Last edited by HAm; 2018-02-18 at 08:13.

Passenger
    T-LIMW3 in Breuil Cervinia and T-LIMJ5 in Genoa, Italy
    I'll like to have the ability to show in the local map also my other receiver: i.e. show the two (or more) location and the distance circle for the two location AND the traffic from the two (or more) locations.
    I know it is possible today to feed one receiver with the data captured by another one, but this result in one only feed to FR24.
    Thank you.

Super Moderator
    (If not auto-detected or due to being a generic cross-hardware type setting) re-word output for BEAST TCP mode

[I][reader]Connecting to unknown receiver via (tcp://127.0.0.1:30005)

It use change to say [reader]Connecting to DVBT-TCP-BEAST-RAW receiver via (tcp://localhost:30005) and so on?
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    radar selection is implemented strange.

when a plane drops out of range of the radar fr24 is taking data from the data first get's choppy and extrapolation applied makes it seem like the plane for example went around.

this is fine if there is no receiver that receives valid data but right now it's luck if the display is choppy for planes landing JFK for example.

switching over to the radar who is receiving the most messages/time seems like a sane solution or just combine position reports from multiple radars although i accept this might be more complicated than just selection one source.

as i said a sensible switchover would be nice for even smoother plane display especially on final approach and landing.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    radar selection is implemented strange.

when a plane drops out of range of the radar fr24 is taking data from the data first get's choppy and extrapolation applied makes it seem like the plane for example went around.

this is fine if there is no receiver that receives valid data but right now it's luck if the display is choppy for planes landing JFK for example.

switching over to the radar who is receiving the most messages/time seems like a sane solution or just combine position reports from multiple radars although i accept this might be more complicated than just selection one source.

as i said a sensible switchover would be nice for even smoother plane display especially on final approach and landing.
    We're advised RADAR listed isn't what we think it is. It is randomly selected from the live data table being produced by ALL sources currently sending data to the servers for that region. Not accurate to the lowest/best/latest data anymore and therefore not able to differentiate between a good/stable source.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Hi Guys please can anyone advise how i remove a data share i set up a second without realising?

Thanks
    Mike

Purser
    For Mike

Hi Guys please can anyone advise how i remove a data share i set up a second without realising?
    Email support and ask that they delete the second one ... if they haven't read it here already

ylis

Passenger
    I currently have seven feeders under my account and would like to request two features that would be really handy for me:

1. Option to give each site a description/name (not to be shown publically). I can't tell some of my sites (eg: NZAR4, NZAR5) apart without clicking on them, copying their GPS coordinates and pasting this into google maps.

2. Display of the IP address that the site is using. Ideally this would show both the private LAN IP and the public WAN IP. Once again, not for public display.