Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FUTURE FEATURE REQUEST'S - For website

Passenger
    Hi there,

Would it be possible as a future feature, that when I create a filter I can select multiple airlines that I'm tracking into a one airport? At the moment I have to create multiple filters for the airlines arriving at that airport.

Thanks

Captain
    I would like to see the playback function repaired so that it works properly. It seems that the playback of flights more than a few days old is hosted on a different server that is powered by a toaster as instead of playback you get a slide show where it starts off with an empty map with the timer slowly incrementing then if you're lucky the planes will show up momentarily, move for 1 second then all the planes will disappear and you'll get a blank map again. Moving the time slider backwards and forwards a few mins occasionally fixes it to bring the planes back, but it's then just a repeat of the above slide show. Also the majority of the time when clicking on a plane to follow it nothing happens. The plane icon goes red and that's it. Occasionally it will try to load the details but 99% returns with "couldn't fetch data from server". In short, it is impossible to actually track a historical flight on the map without it constantly disappearing, reappearing, going backwards etc etc.

Also the issue with the tags ghosting on the screen needs resolving too as this is worse than ever when scrolling around the map, constantly requiring page refreshes to clear them. I don't care that you've had a falling out with Google and their API map developers and it's all their fault; it's a feature that you offer to paid subscribers and it doesn't work so please find some way to fix it or hire someone that can.

To cover the predictable reply that I'm zoomed out too far, I should invest in a higher spec PC, I should clear my cookies etc etc. All those have been investigated already and there are no issues at my end.

<awaits the usual flaming>
    <<< Tyke's Aero Blog >>>. Documenting Boeing production and deliveries since 2004.

Hi Folks,

Coloured aircraft icons

I am living to the east of London, England and regularly see aircraft at all flight levels into and out of LHR, LGW, LCY, SEN, STN, LTN and many flights from Europe to the Americas at higher levels, and a holding stack for LHR, making the sky very crowded at certain times of the day.

All the aircraft icons are currently yellow, so for me, it would be a really useful option if the aircraft icons changed colour depending on their flight levels. It would be excellent if we could use the same colours as the 'contrails' we get when an aircraft is selected.

I am on Windows, using Firefox to browse.

Thanks for considering this.
    Last edited by Dark Cloud; 2017-08-28 at 19:39. Reason: for clarity

Hi,

I wish I could see the METAR information of the airports on the left tab when you click on the airport pin as in the APP! This new weather option is good, but you need to click there and then it will open a new page, which is not the map, and scroll down the page to simply see the METAR! It would be nice and easy to simply click on the pin and see the METAR with the others informations!
    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Flight attendant
    Barra da Tijuca, close to threshold 02 Jacarepaguá Airport (ICAO: SBJR), Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
    Hello,

It would be welcome back if you could let the map loose beyond 90° of lattitude, both North and South, when the map is totally zoomed out as it already used to be one or two versions ago. Sometimes you just want to watch a narrow strip of the map with a few aircraft flying at high lattitude and when you totally zoom out the map you end up with almost or even all the world and thousands of flights. This way one user would be able to create bookmarks let's say 70° N or 50° S for example.

Passenger
    I'd like to receive a mail when my raspberry/feeder is going offline. Such mail would enable me to know when to reset the connection so my feeder is going online again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passenger
    Use CSS transitions on the google map markers (planes) so that the jerkiness of movement is replaced with a smooth flight path.

Could also aesthetically permit you to skip some deltas for performance without the marker blinking/disappearing?

I have a working example of doing just this but I'm told not to post links unless authorized so let me know if your interested.

The method basically involves creating an observer to get the DOM events for the marker creation/attribute-change and then setting the STYLE on the two DIV elements that make up the marker. The style.transitionDuration is set to the time taken to cover the distance which may not be appropriate for something as real-time as your site. The style.transitionProperty values are "left, top".

FYI the CSS transitions coalesce nicely if a subsequent transition occurs before the first/previous has finished!
    Last edited by Richard Maher; 2017-09-30 at 02:37.

Passenger
    I would (at a minimum) like to see the departure and arrival airports on business aviation. As of now, I can click on the airplane (say a G-V) and it will show me it's track since departure. But I would like the departure and arrival airports to be shown on the left side under the flight's log or tracking details.

Passenger
    Hi,

The iOs app has a nice feature where you can set a filter and highlight the filtered aircraft, could we possibly see this feature added to the website version in the future?

Thanks.
    OrionOptics 12" 1200mm + Tele Vue x 2 Powermate + Canon EOS 50D

My Photo Album

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by AirlinerSpotter View Post
    I'd like to receive a mail when my raspberry/feeder is going offline. Such mail would enable me to know when to reset the connection so my feeder is going online again.
    I would like this type of e-mail alert too. Sometimes my Raspberry feeder or one of the ethernet switches between it and my internet-router just hangs and I may not notice anything for days or even weeks until the next time I log into FR24 with the browser.