Announcement

Collapse

DO NOT POST NEW THREADS HERE

This area is read only. And does not allow new topics

If you have legitimate suggestions - add them to the appropriate exisiting threads.
See more
See less

FUTURE FEATURE REQUEST'S - For website

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone,

one feature I really would like to have is the ability to manual switch a filter ON and OFF.
    I usually have 4 to 5 different Filter active and sometimes would like to trigger those groups manually, e.g. only GROUP 2 or GROUP 1 and 3

FR24.JPG

Thank you in advance

Comment

Would it be possible to annotate the airport maps at major airports with taxiways letters. Not asking for all, say JFK, LGA, ATL, LAX, ORD. Something like that. I find it interesting to track aircraft from landing to the gate while listening to Tower/Ground freqs.

Comment

Please, add a "PLAYBACK" option in "RADAR VIEW" mode!

screenshot -

i.ibb.co/xqH4VLq/1.jpg

1.jpg

Comment

Right now, flights show scheduled departure and scheduled arrival - and these are GATE times, not takeoff and landing times. Then, FR24 shows the takeoff and landing times as "actual" - and it makes it appear that a plane took off "late" because the takeoff time is 15 minutes after the gate departure. It would be much better to show additional times- actual gate departure, estimated takeoff, actual takeoff, etc. Otherwise the information is just invalid.

Additionally - this is probably more in the nature of a bug - aircraft pins often don't populate unless I manually turn them off and on. Would be nice to see this fixed.

Comment

My suggestion is including filtering by hexcode specifically and "No.Reg" aircrafts.

For example: I would like to filtering by aircrafts with E49 of hexcode initial and the fr24 show me all the aircrafts with hexcode that starts with E49.

Filtering by "No.Reg" are helpfully to search aircrafts without registrations in databases.

My third suggestion is including alert by specifically hexcode. I input an specifically hexcode in the app and when this hexcode is appears the app alerts me.

Comment

Originally posted by jet 320 View Post
              Please, add a "PLAYBACK" option in "RADAR VIEW" mode!

screenshot -

i.ibb.co/xqH4VLq/1.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11214[/ATTACH]

I also would like to support this request

Comment

Originally posted by Edilson.Carlos View Post
                My suggestion is including filtering by hexcode specifically and "No.Reg" aircrafts.
                I would like this too. It would make IDing new aircraft for the database much easier if we could see their past flights as many use reg as callsign.

Comment

Hi Flightradar24.

I love your website and spend many hours tracking aircraft movements.
                  The only problem is aircraft animation fluidity in New York area.
                  Because you have 3 airports in New York area JFK/EWR & LGA the aircraft fluidity does not work due to volume of traffic.
                  When i switch off Aircraft On Ground setting, the aircraft animation fluidity in New York area works due to less aircraft see JFK minus aircraft on ground attachment.

However when i view New York area radar i do like to view the aircraft on the ground at the 3 airports see JFK full attachment, but the drawback is that the aircraft animation fluidity will not work which is why i have to switch off Aircraft On Ground feature.

Solution

Could you please add a animate aircraft ON/OFF for aircraft on ground setting,
                  which then means i should hopefully be able to watch fluid airborne aircraft animation in New York area, with Aircraft On Ground activatedbut with new Aircraft On Ground animation setting off.

With Christmas approaching i was wondering if you good people at FR24 could implement this feature to your website before end of year as a Christmas gift.

Thank you in advance.

aircraftenthusiast
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Flightradar24.

I see there has been a update to the aircraft images, which are now more detailed/clearer and a improvement.
                    As part of the present improvements/updates, it would be nice if FR24 could implement my requests above regarding aircraft fluidity in New York Area.
                    My New York radar settings are Web Browser Zoom 150% & FR24 Zoom 5km.
                    The bottom left NY radar which shows Aircraft on ground prevents the airborne aircraft animation to work.
                    When i switch off Aircraft On Ground setting, see top/bottom right, the New York radar airborne aircraft animation fluidity now works.

However when i view New York area radar i do like to view the pile of aircraft on the ground at the 3 NY airports see bottom left picture , Animate aircraft.PNG

Solution

Could you please add a animate aircraft ON/OFF for Aircraft On Ground setting,
                    I can then view the pile of aircraft on the ground at the 3 New York airports without it interfering in the fluidity of airborne aircraft animation in New York area.
                    Thank you
                    aircraftenthusiast

Aircraft On Ground activated.PNGAircraft On Ground deactivated.PNG

NY Radar Aircraft On Ground.PNGNY Radar No Aircraft On Ground.PNG
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aircraftenthusiast View Post
                      Hi Flightradar24.

My New York radar settings are Web Browser Zoom 150% & FR24 Zoom 5km.

Out of curiosity. Have you tried at 100%, and turned off US/Canada radar (3rd party it tries to synchronise)
                      You may not realise 'animate aircraft' even being on in general will slow down your browser regardless. True updates are only done every 4-8 seconds. Between these movement points scripts guess the current location based on last velocity and location. And try to smooth the track. It is false (often causing over-runs and jerking between close proximity updates)
                      I suspect browser zoom will also impact this as it has to compensate.

In General I'd consider that a very large area to monitor with high volume traffic to expect all the sources to play nicely.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi Oblivian,
                        I tried at 100% zoom but that did not make any difference, what did fix it for a very short period was turning off US/Canada radar.
                        But now the airborne aircraft animation is not working again. The problem is when there is lots of aircraft's on ground at the 3 New York airport, the airborne aircraft animation will not work.
                        The New York area airborne aircraft animation always works when aircraft on ground is turned off. but as i like to see aircraft on ground the only solution would be to have a separate Animate aircraft on ground on/off. That way when the airborne aircraft animation stops working, i can turn off the Animate aircraft on ground which should fix the problem regarding airborne aircraft animation fluidity.
                        I use 150% zoom because the aircraft info labels are hard to read at 100% zoom, see below.
                        Oblivian it would be great if FR24 could add this Animate aircraft on ground on/off as part of the present update to site.
                        Thank you
                        aircraftenthusiast
                        Zoom 100%.PNG

Comment

You don't need to re-explain on every post with an additional screenshot. It's rather apparent what you want to happen.

However I don't like your chances if the issues raised for each uploader releases have gone is anything to go by. It's a very specific area and perceived issue (and a lot of website coding) for the sake of clearing up something that is naturally a lot of load on a browser when turning off the global animate aircraft option seems to solve it for high volume areas like this.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Dear Oblivian (sorry I don't know your name), can you please remove user "dewislot" as s/he is sending bulk spam via private messaging, thanks.

Comment

Actually unless the site I am at is playing tricks (I need to use browser at home to confirm) turning off animate aircraft totally, tells me the update speed for that region is set to 8 seconds. Rather than 3. Likely something smart that works out number of updates required on screen at time. So I doubt there will be much speeding/smoothing anything up with those gaps even if you could choose which ones to apply animation to.

Comment

Hi Oblivian, i don't turn off animation, i turn off aircraft on ground as that's the only way i can get the airborne aircraft to animate fluidity in New York radar.

Comment

Working...
                                X