Announcement

Collapse

DO NOT POST NEW THREADS HERE

This area is read only. And does not allow new topics

If you have legitimate suggestions - add them to the appropriate exisiting threads.
See more
See less

FUTURE FEATURE REQUEST'S - For website

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would appreciate a button that hides all aircraft except the one I have selected.

Sometimes, particulary over North America, there is too much traffic even with filters applied and my laptop can't cope. It's most noticable when trying to scroll to follow a flightpath back to a point of origin.

I've been trying to do so for a GLF4 for 15 minutes so far and it's a slow crawl. And then I misclick and instead of zooming it clears the flightpath and I have to start again

Comment

Originally posted by mimku View Post
      I would appreciate a button that hides all aircraft except the one I have selected.
      You have to click on the "Show Route" Button in lower left corner. Then all other traffic disappear.
      T-ETID100
      Raspberry Pi 3, Jetvision USB Dongle

Comment

I'd very much like a map overlay of the distances my reciever is reaching, because curiosity!

Comment

Airport's ICAO code ident text listed below the Blue Airport Icon (KTPA) (KJFK) Optional to change colors of Aircraft on map, Option for Airline Logos on Desktop version,

Comment

Aircraft's Cabin Layout listed in the photos section

Comment

Delayed Airports listed as Orange on the Mainpage instead of selected view

Comment

Filters: That sort out Domestic flights from International Flights
                Filters: That sort out and show only Arriving Flights or Departing Flights
                Filters: Ability to see US NOTAMS
                Multi-Select: Information that displays ETA, Flight Heading, Altitude Arrow indicating if aircraft is descending or ascending

Comment

ACARS intergration?

Hi there,

As a long time feeder (T-ESTA2) and user of FR24 i see room for development of the overall system and service!

How about integrating ACARS messages as an additional feature? Yes, it would require an additional setup apart from the 1090Mhz system but for us who are into the technology the investment/setup is not much. A regular VHF antenna and another SDR/RPi would do it with a small piece of software to forward the data as we today have the fr24feeder. I ran it before with my SBS3 and it worked like a charm on Planeplotter. Just a few % of all feeders running the service would give very good coverage.

I think this would be a good development as we today have more or less come to the end of the road of what the ADS-B and MLAT can give us. The data might not be of interest of the general public but, who knows..

Input appreciated!

Thanks,
                  Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik View Post
                    Hi there,

As a long time feeder (T-ESTA2) and user of FR24 i see room for development of the overall system and service!

How about integrating ACARS messages as an additional feature? Yes, it would require an additional setup apart from the 1090Mhz system but for us who are into the technology the investment/setup is not much. A regular VHF antenna and another SDR/RPi would do it with a small piece of software to forward the data as we today have the fr24feeder. I ran it before with my SBS3 and it worked like a charm on Planeplotter. Just a few % of all feeders running the service would give very good coverage.

I think this would be a good development as we today have more or less come to the end of the road of what the ADS-B and MLAT can give us. The data might not be of interest of the general public but, who knows..

Input appreciated!

Thanks,
                    Fredrik
                    Intercepting and broadcasting acars breaks a lot more laws in various countries as the are intended for single recipient/agencies. Unlike ADSB which is for broadcast-to-all collision avoidance and therefore different.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok, got the point, seems logical even though it should have been encrypted if intended for peer to peer use only. The protocol now is pure text. Tried to google on the subject but can't find much info more than about UK legislation which actually prohibits. Well, no matter what it's a lot of interesting information flying around on the ACARS frequencies, encourage everyone to get a reciever system up and running for personal use!

Comment

Originally posted by tsunami View Post
                        You have to click on the "Show Route" Button in lower left corner. Then all other traffic disappear.
                        Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately "Show Route" doesn't work in Playback mode if the aircraft has its origin displayed as N/A.

Here's an example, the GLF5 has its registration and origin blocked in the sidebar and clicking "Show Route" does nothing.

But you can scroll manually along its flightpath to trace its origin to Teterboro.

In that case, perhaps the "Show Route" button could be programmed to hide the other traffic even if it can't zoom to the full route?
                        Last edited by mimku; 2018-06-01, 05:00.

Comment

Please switch the WND direction and speed. In aviation, the WND direction always comes before speed.

WND Change.jpg

Please change this to KTS. Or, allow user to change/switch between KM/KTS/MPH

WND Change 2.jpg

Please include NM.

Distance Change.jpg

Please allow user to select how they want to filter this search. Please allow user to filter/view by Time/Flight/From/Airline/Aircraft. By that, maybe I want to view all the 737s that arrived. Or maybe I want to view by airline.

Search Change.jpg

Please allow user to lock this search area in place. If I select an airline but want to search for another, I have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page.

Airline List Change.jpg

Thank you

Comment

A radio button option to just display what users are actually supplying from their own adsb radar, in the normal map. maybe just slightly different colour coded.

I have never been able to get the clunky Radar - Local data to work, plus this is not available in the mobile edition.

Comment

Are these being read?

Comment

Ability to filter just aircraft going to or away from a destination

Comment

Working...
                                X