Announcement

Collapse

DO NOT POST NEW THREADS HERE

This area is read only. And does not allow new topics

If you have legitimate suggestions - add them to the appropriate exisiting threads.
See more
See less

FUTURE FEATURE REQUEST'S - For apps (iOS and Android)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be really nice that we could have a list view (as it is on a pc), and we can choose it from the menu where we find disruptions and bookmarks.

Comment

I'm a paramotor pilot and I fly mostly in uncontrolled air space without a radio as this is not mandatory in my country. The traffic we get in my area is quite low but there is some. For some reason quite a bit more helicopter activity lately which makes me uneasy. With a fabric wing you don't want to be anywhere near these things The wake turbulence can extend quite long and last long too.

This got me thinkin that Flightradar could be used as a good addition for safety in paramotors and paragliders. Basically what I'm thinking is having the option to get alerts if there are ANY aircraft are near your position (lets say in radius of 60 miles). Of course it would be nice to select a radios of your choice. Most paramotor pilots already use their phone during flights, for tracking, photos or music, so having flightradar tell you about near by traffic would be really good.

Who knows, maybe there are fixed wing pilots or plane spotter that would appreciate this option too.

All the info is already there, so I'm thinking its not hard to implement.

As far as I know, now alerts can only be set by knowing the flight number.​

Comment

It would be awesome to have identical filter options for 'aircraft' in the browser and the app version. Currently there is a option to filter for two letter/digit ICAO type codes in the browser version but not in the app version.

For example:
        • it is possible to set a filter for ICAO code 'C2' in the browser and this works pretty fine
        • in the app version I have to set at least three letters/digits to set up a working filter option
          • -> 'C2' can't be set, only the listed option 'C208' is available
          • current configuration does not allow filtering for 'C2' aircraft on the mobile version (and other two letter/digit codes as well)
        ICAO_Filter_Browser.pngICAO_Filter_Android_app.jpg

Tested on the current browser version and Android app version Flightradar24 v9.11.2 (Data sharer / Business)

Comment

I would like to be able to bookmark aircraft from the aircraft information screen. It is possible to do this from the flight information screen, but not from the aircraft info

Screenshot_20231121_230540_Flightradar24.jpg

Comment

Now that many airlines are offering (often free) Wi-Fi inflight, I've taken to "tracking myself" when I fly to figure exactly where I am, and to look for nearby/crossing flights.
            I've noticed that when using FR24 (on iPhone app) via plane-WiFi, the map itself is often extremely slow to load. I will get a gray screen (with gridding) littered with planes, and even current radar - all stuff which is moving/updating in real time. Yet the map (which is static) takes forever to load, and then with a zoom, has to reload again. It appears to be repeatedly downloading the same map tiles over and over. Once I touch down, and turn LTE back on "poof" the map tiles load almost instantly - so it seems like it has to be the wifi connection throttling them.

IMG_2268.jpg

Is it possible to have the base map (of some area - say "US") pre-loaded, so then all that needs to be pushed are the planes and weather? At least have this as an option (at some resolution)? My phone has gobs of free storage - I could readily stash 1GB of base map (and since the resolution doesn't need to be 'house-level' I doubt even the whole US would take up that much space).

Maybe there's some other approach (better compression of map tile data?) that could solve this issue as well.

Thanks.

--Mark

Last edited by SD_Mark; 2023-11-22, 01:21.

Comment

Is there any more thought about adding the filter for aircraft categories on the app like we have for the website? Right now on the app, I can only select US Air Force, but then I won't pick up Navy or Foreign units flying into my local base (KPSM)

image.png

Comment

Working...
              X