Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY FLIGHTRADAR24 DEVELOPERS!!!!! I've got some ideas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY FLIGHTRADAR24 DEVELOPERS!!!!! I've got some ideas!!!

Hey developers, thanks for clicking through, I'm pretty excited that you did. So I've been using FR24 for many years at this point, and have watched the coverage assertions the globe, as well as the quality of the user experience grow exponentially! FR24, without question has the most comprehensive ADS-B coverage available online to the public.

That said, as good customers, paying or otherwise, we never have a shortage features that we will feel compelled to share, right? I've done so in the past a couple times. I suspect that the suggestions I sent in were likely not the first times your team had heard those.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a thread dedicated to recommendations by members? But more so, wouldn't it be cool if FR24 developers told us which improves are currently being developed? I'm not taking into account prudent business practices, so forgives me if that.

So I'll start:

1. Start new thread category for members to post feature recommendations

2. Provide a list of features currently in development allowing for member input

3. I mean this in the misery living way possible, but the Android app team needs to seriously up their game. The stark differences between the FR24 app and the FR24 mobile site are not what I would call acceptable. There app should increase available features and create a higher level user experience, not the other way around.

4. This may be a bridge too far to cross, but I think it would be exceptionally cool out FR24 could collaborate with a company like liveatc.net so a user can watch an aircraft, click a button and listen to the ATC associated with the flight. It would need to be position and altitude based to determine the appropriate feed, and even then it would never be perfect. But still, even just a recommended link in the aircraft flight details which opens a new browser tab would be useful and enhance user experience.

5. I really wish we in the US had the option to turn on VFR 1200 squawking aircraft. Even if that meant a that shit off all the other aircraft, I think it'd be a great option. Also, I only say "in the US" because I'm not certain the 1200 squawk is a thing anywhere else. If I'm wrong, or there is an equivalent which you think should be included, lemme know!!

That's it, anyone else have additional ideas?

6. Create an option to export a .csv based on boundaries, altitude, and time. I believe right now we are limited to data exports for a specific aircraft. This would enable us to characterize what air traffic flew through an area, at a certain time, and within a specified altitude range. I have to think together would be 1,000,001 uses for anything like that!!!

Comment

Theres been a few random cases of (1) since the latest redevelopment

And (2) is being worked on after a few have suggested it.

(3) Are you using the legacy app, or the new one? The old 'pro' app has been dropped. The 1-off purchase will keep going, but the subscription model version now out has a heck of a lot of the web features included within OS limitations of overlays etc.

(4) has been bought up a few times, but getting the synchronization and data to work is a damn sight harder than anyone would think. And in many countries the feeds broadcasting the transmissions are doing so somewhat.. well. Naughty.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi BigNutz,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out on the forum and for providing your feedback. With regards to your list of requests, please check my feedback below:

1. Great idea - we're happy to use the forum for this, or if users want to provide direct feedback they're welcome to email us at support@fr24.com. All feature requests are recorded and then tracked however the number of requests is very large and it's not always possible to provide direct feedback to customer's who suggest idea's.

2. While this idea would be great in theory, unfortunately it's not always practical to provide a list of features. The problem with this can be two fold, one the business advantage we have by releasing new features before our competitors could be damaged, and two that features are changing in such a dynamic environment here and discussing them before development might raise false expectations from our customers.

3. Have you downloaded the new Flightradar24 - Flight tracker app as Oblivian mentioned? The majority of the features available on the website are available within the app and are often more easily accessible. Is there anything specific that you'd like to see with Android/iOS apps' that you don't?

4. Live ATC traffic and the introduction of this inside our app and website has been a longingly sought feature among several of our users. It has been discussed amongst the team here at Flightradar24 and due to both legal and technological restrictions we've decided not to currently pursue this avenue. While I say this it's possible that we can change direction in the future.

5. VFR 1200 Squawking aircraft only pertains to North America and certain flights in Australia. With regards to this dot point I'm a little confused, are you asking to filter or see these aircraft?

6. Creating a downloadable file containing aircraft movements based on boundaries, altitude and time is possible, however this requires a lot of computational effort and resources. This feature is definitely something that Flightradar24 is interested in providing however at this current point in time it's simply not practical to do so.

I hope this feedback helps and I'm happy to hear any other future feature suggestions :-)
        Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Awesome, thank you both for the quick responses! So where to start???

1. Very cool, I've seen it in other forums where they have a dedicated "New Feature Recommendations" forum section. It keeps all the ideas in one place and would probably reduce the repeated questions.

2. I figured as much. I had a gut feeling that there would be a competitive advantage issue with doing that, I get it.

3. I had NOT, but now have, and offer my apologies to the App Team for saying they needed to up their game. Outstanding!

4. Cool, I think a low risk solution would be to just have a frequency listed or sector. For me the hardest part is always trying to figure out which sector to clink on because I don't know the ATC sector boundaries...I don't know, it sounds like there are some advocates inside your org who will fight the goof fight!

5. Disregard all. I don't know why I had it in my head that you guys filtered out VFR 1200 traffic, but ya don't.

6. I'm happy to hear that it's on the table. I would bet that between environmental groups, planespotters, real estate developers, there would be a tremendous market for the data packaged in this way. Charge everyone but me, cause I'm a swell fella and sorta gave you the idea.....that you already had.......cause we're cool like that, right???

Thanks again!

Comment

My top requests for the website, specifically 3D mode:
            1. When the aircraft turns, only bank the plane, not the entire horizon.
            2. Let's see other aircraft! The old website would show dots where other planes were. I miss that, especially when watching ground traffic.
            3. Aircraft liveries. I know there are trademark issues here, but it would be awesome.
            Last edited by KosherCoder; 2017-06-22, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by KosherCoder View Post
              My top requests for the website, specifically 3D mode:
              1. When the aircraft turns, only bank the plane, not the entire horizon.
              2. Let's see other aircraft! The old website would show dots where other planes were. I miss that, especially when watching ground traffic.
              3. Aircraft liveries. I know there are trademark issues here, but it would be awesome.
              #3 is probably not so big trademark issue, more about time, cost and priorities. Having 30-40 different aircraft models and multiply it with 1000-1200 airlines gives 10.000+ liveries. We would probably need to hire 10+ people full time just to handle liveries.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                #3 is probably not so big trademark issue, more about time, cost and priorities. Having 30-40 different aircraft models and multiply it with 1000-1200 airlines gives 10.000+ liveries. We would probably need to hire 10+ people full time just to handle liveries.
                The vast majority of flights can probably be covered by the top 20 liveries or so. Before tackling this of course, the models would need to be finished. I never counted but it seems like there are only 10 or so. M80's appear as 738's for example.

Comment

Working...
                X