How to Feed Data to Multiple Sites - A Brief Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please!
    I have a flightaware feeder that also feeds a Pi 3 that feeds FR24 - the setting up done with the use of this thread and kind assistance by abcd567 . I was away for a few days and didn't check my FR24 status. This morning I notice that the Pi shows online but no data is sent to FR24. I rebooted both the Flightaware feeder and the Pi, still shows online, still no data feeding. The flightaware is feeding data.

What can be the issue?
    Last edited by Antonf; 2022-09-08, 07:58.

Comment

Show the output for this command:

cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

and

fr24feed-status

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
        Show the output for this command:

cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

and

fr24feed-status
        I'm a NOOB iro Pi - can I do this remotely?

Comment

Originally posted by Antonf View Post

I'm a NOOB iro Pi - can I do this remotely?
          What do you mean by "remotely"?

If by "remotely" you mean from a Computer connected to same local network (router) as the Pi, then answer is yes, you can, by using SSH.

How To Access and Control RPi from Desktop/Laptop using SSH

Last edited by abcd567; 2022-09-08, 23:03.

Comment

1. After I started from scratch with a new Pi 3B the problem I had was something of the past. Notice however that the feeder shows offline although it is definitely on. Why would that happen?
            2. Is there any way to get notification that the feeder is offline other than the e-mail sent by FR24?
            3. How does the Pi running FR24 connect to the Flightfeeder if the latter's IP address change?
            Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Antonf; 2022-09-26, 05:31. Reason: Edit: Question 3

Comment

Originally posted by Antonf View Post
              1. After I started from scratch with a new Pi 3B the problem I had was something of the past. Notice however that the feeder shows offline although it is definitely on. Why would that happen?
              2. Is there any way to get notification that the feeder is offline other than the e-mail sent by FR24?
              3. How does the Pi running FR24 connect to the Flightfeeder if the latter's IP address change?
              Thanks in advance!!

Seems I have found the source of the problems - I have now assigned static IPs to both devices...

Comment

Working...
              X