Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Raspberry Pi Feed

Hello,

Setting up a new feed with relatively few issues but I'm not seeing any aircraft.
    Background info. This is a clean install using etcher with the FR24 image download per the instruction.
    My USB receiver equipment (purchased on Amazon):
    NooElec NESDR Mini USB RTL-SDR & ADS-B Receiver Set, RTL2832U & R820T Tuner, MCX Input

I'm getting an error message: "No supported RTLSDR devices found."

dvb.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 4.22.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-11 at 4.33.48 PM.png
    If I change the settings to AVR-TCP the message goes away but still no aircraft.

avr.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 4.34.05 PM.jpg
    Last edited by stiggy; 2017-06-12, 00:29.

Stiggy can you blot out your sharing key and sorry but I can't help with your query. One of the more tech savvy guys will handle it when they can.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-12, 00:17.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
      Stiggy can you blot out your sharing key and sorry but I can't help with your query. One of the more tech savvy guys will handle it when they can.

Regards,
      Gregg
      Thanks for that.

Comment

Wrong HOST/IP setting
        192.168.1.65:8754 is URL for the settings web page, NOT the HOST/IP setting.

Change HOST/IP from 192.168.1.65:8754 to 127.0.0.1:30002, save, and restart.

See Correct Settings Below:
        Last edited by abcd567; 2017-06-12, 01:44.

Comment

But if it's saying no device found you'll need to look into why first.. be it a bad seller mislabelling or an issue with usb.

There's some tools like rtl_test that can help there

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Just to test the equipment i went ahead and installed PiAware and everything is working perfectly and started receiving aircraft almost immediately. I guess ideally I'd like to feed both if I could. I'll have to look into that.

Comment

Simply run install commamdline. https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...6479#post66479

Do NOT chose dvb (it should detect dump1090) but avrtcp.

And enter the same details as earlier so it doesn't create another uploader alias

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by stiggy View Post
                Just to test the equipment i went ahead and installed PiAware and everything is working perfectly and started receiving aircraft almost immediately. I guess ideally I'd like to feed both if I could. I'll have to look into that.
                Yes, you can feed both from same PI & DVB-T
                I feed FR24, Planefinder, Flightaware, and Radarbox24 from my Pi. See here https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post92336

Comment

As you have already burned Piaware image to your microSDcard using etcher, you can add FR24 feeder to it using following command:

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

After installation of FR24 feeder is complete, make settings as in the screenshot I have posted above.

Please see this page for detailed instructions:
                  The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Thank you all for your help and feedback. What a great community.
                    I went ahead and followed the discussion in the thread titled: multple-feeding-on-rpi (can't link yet due to forum restriction)

Probably made more work for myself than needed but it's a clean install now and both feeds are working.

Comment

I went ahead and followed the discussion in the thread titled: multple-feeding-on-rpi (can't link yet due to forum restriction)
                      (1) https://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/10885-Multiple-feeding-on-RPi[/url]

(2) https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-15-dev-on-RPi
                      Last edited by abcd567; 2017-06-12, 07:26.

Comment

Working...
                      X