ADB-S receiver ,yes or no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADB-S receiver ,yes or no.

Hi, what are the pros for investing in a ADB-S receiver for my computer. I know I can upgrade to business subscription if I data share, but are there any other advantages. If there are a few advantages , I was thinking of building one as cost doesn't seem to be too pricy. What are other peoples thoughts.

Russell

The main advantage, you are not at the mercy of an internet connection or webpage.

You 'see' more military and private data than publicly shown.

And can track them more real-time if used while mobile at an airport and such.

The account upgrade is only valid if you do so consistently and actually have range to receive data.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you much appreciated

Russell

Comment

So, I've decided to build my own ADS-B receiver, what is the best ADS-B antenna and dongle to purchase and do I have to pay a monthly fee to use. Sorry, very new to this as you can see from the amount of posts I have wrote.

Thank you

Russell

Comment

Some options with links on this page for ADS-B USB dongle.
          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by Russellfire View Post
            So, I've decided to build my own ADS-B receiver, what is the best ADS-B antenna and dongle to purchase and do I have to pay a monthly fee to use.
            The FlightAware Pro Sticks and its external antenna are probably the best value products for Mode-S/ADS-B reception. Google them and you may find a local dealer. Or you can shop around for alternatives and even build your own antenna if you're so inclined.

There's no fee to pay for running your own setup. If you decide to share your data with FR24 or other tracking sites, you will consume some upload bandwidth. Depending on your ISP tariff, you may incur additional charges.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

what about a good antenna for the flight aware pro sticks. I know there are quite a few out there on the internet.

Russell

Comment

FlightAware distributes an external antenna.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

FlightRadar24 use antennas from this place.
                  Flight Tracking Hardwareprodukte & Softwarelösungen Felderprobt – Hochpräzise – Einzigartig jetvision ist auf der renommierten Luftfahrt-Messe. Besuchen Sie uns in Halle A4, Stand 109 für Infos & Tipps zu... ADS-B, FLARM und Helium Hardware Flight
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

The FlightAware one is a lot cheaper.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Who cares about what one is cheaper.

We are talking about antennas not the cost of it.
                      Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2017-06-06, 18:26.
                      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                        Who cares about what one is cheaper.
                        As I posted in my first reply, the FlightAware Pro Sticks and its external antenna are probably the best value products for Mode-S/ADS-B reception.

I'm only offering advice. No one is obliged to follow it.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Watching you two is like watching an old married couple (I'm an expert in this area, in fact I can hear the missus barking now)! Better than any episode of Days of our Drearies or Bald and the Badgered!

Regards,
                          Gregg
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
                          X