X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem creating Pi24 image

Hi,

I'm having problems getting my Pi24 image to boot off my Pi Zero W

I've downloaded Etcher and the latest Pi24 image, written to the 8Gb MicroSD card but it won't boot.

The MicroSD card only shows a drive size of 60Mb FAT and contains only around 20Mb of data

I can't believe the Pi24 image of nearly 1Gb only creates 20Mb, any idea what's going on ?

I may be leading you in a totally wrong direction here as I know nothing about your issue but for what it's worth, have you checked this thread out?

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

There may be other more appropriate posts if you scan through the forum headed 'Flightradar24 (feeding data to Flightradar24)'.

Hope it is of some help,
    Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-28, 13:54.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks but I've already formatted the MicroSD card back to 8Gb Fat32, when I run Etcher and write the Pi24 image it still creates a 60Mb primary partition !!!
      Pi24 File structure.JPG
      Last edited by JohnMac; 2017-05-28, 18:10.

Comment

Because Linux doesn't use fat32 format. Windows won't show you it as it's ext which it can't recognise

As suggested with all the other please help threads,

The fr24 image will not allow you to install other feeder apps. If your intention is to do more than just fr24 to install raspian using the NOOBS utility and install fr24 using the script

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

More to that, as I explained in your can't connect to piz thread, there is less of a GUI than a normal image.

Please once installed follow instructions and report back for more advise rather than keep creating new issues.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
          X