Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Feeder SBS upload tests

Oblivian;

Thanks for the help. I'm running the Basestation hardware (obviously, got to have that) but not the software with output on Port 20072 which is how I've run it with the previous feed.exe version which was mainly to simplify things and allow me to upload without all the distractions of the software running. In fact when I installed the new feed.exe, the ini file the feed created on first run was exactly the same as that for the previous version so surprised me that it wouldn't work. Fixed it easily by reverting back to the previous feeder version but still it would be nice to run the new version at least for FR24's benefit. I might need to do some homework on those other port numbers as I'm not at all familiar with them and one reason I haven't jumped in on the thread re setting up Basestation.

By the way, the output on 30005, does that include Basestation SBS1 or only the 1-ER or -3 models (or all three)?

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-22, 02:28.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Your guess is as good as mine re versions. Over writing just the .exe is the best update path (while keeping old one of course)

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Your guess is as good as mine re versions. Over writing just the .exe is the best update path (while keeping old one of course)

I hadn't thought of simply overwriting/replacing the .exe file (and shortcut as I fire it up from desktop with the uploader folder tucked into the Basestation virtual store folder). I've had a look at the various ports and Basestation models on the net- I'll be leaving that alone as it's too far over my head. Don't want another brain explosion like I had the other day attempting to answer a query on another thread. As for what abcd's doing, same boat. KISS principle is the go here I'm afraid. Chest infection does add to the level of difficulty, but at least that will improve!

Thanks again and regards,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-22, 03:53.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Don't spose you want to do some tests basic non brain stuff.. honest.

(this is hopefull that telnet client is installed)

open a CMD window using run (windows + r) (cmd) <enter>

And do following (making sure spaces between terms)

telnet <your SBS IP> 30003
        telnet <your SBS IP> 30005

If it goes to a flashing cursor we are onto something

IF it says telnet is unknown. We cry
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

This'll be my shortest post ever.
          Eh?

Regards,
          Gregg

Comment

cmd

Comment

Quote: 'telnet' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Cry

I'm guessing that's not good news but feel I should get a medal for being able to do it, if indeed I did it correctly. I never got past basic programming on the Commodore 64! I'll overwrite the exe. file probs tomorrow and see how I go, if my head improves.

Regards,
              Gregg

Comment

Yeah not the message that brings joy.

They decided to remove the telnet client from Win7

If anyone else has an SBS-x speak now!!!

Comment

Havent checked this but google says:

To enable Telnet command line utilities:

Click Start > Control Panel.
                  Click Programs and Features.
                  Click Turn Windows features on or off.
                  In the Windows Features dialog box, check the Telnet Client check box.
                  Click OK. The system installs the appropriate files. This will take a few seconds to a minute.
                  T-EGLF8

Comment

Yeah not the message that brings joy.

They decided to remove the telnet client from Win7
                    In lieu of the command-line telnet, try PuTTY. That's a GUI-based telnet and ssh client (so also useful for shelling into a Raspberry Pi for those without any other ssh client).

Comment

Oblivian,

I tried this approach to overwrite the exe. file with fingers crossed but got the same result. 'cannot connect to sbs via usb' or words to that effect in that dos box thingy scrolling over and over again even though the previous feed could do so and I've altered naught on my setup.

I'll try the telnet thing as I did manage to locate its instal mechanism for W8.1 on my PC, it just may take a little time to do. I'll bet London to a brick it will also want to do a restart on instal and I'm uploading at present.

Regards,
                      Gregg
                      Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-26, 01:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X