Taxiways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxiways

Listening to "Kennedy Steve" recordings on YouTube has peeked my interest in the extremely complex JFK ground operations. Many flights can be followed on the taxiways/runways while listening to JFK ATC ground Freqs. Though no one has emerged as entertaining as Steve, still an interesting and enlightening pursuit.

Is it possible to overlay taxiway and runway names/numbers on the Fr24's JFK airport map? Currently they are all visible, but not labeled.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like a great idea, just not sure FR24 will go for it, if it's at all possible. I've listened to some of those JFK ATC clips on Youtube (e.g. the 'turtles on the taxiway' or the wrong taxiways etc) and enjoyed them.

I guess if enough of us put in a request for it there may be some hope. YSSY (SYD), YMML (MEL), and YBBN (BNE) in Australia would be on my wish list. Otherwise it's up to the 'old' aerodrome and procedures charts.

Regards,
    Gregg
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

In a perfect world it would be great to have runway names as a bare minimum but taxiways, holding points etc etc would be bliss. I think it's mostly a Google Maps issue and unlikely to happen given that in fairly recent times Google have even removed the runway outlines from many regional airports in all but satellite view.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
        In a perfect world it would be great to have runway names as a bare minimum but taxiways, holding points etc etc would be bliss. I think it's mostly a Google Maps issue and unlikely to happen given that in fairly recent times Google have even removed the runway outlines from many regional airports in all but satellite view.
        Thanks for the reminder. In a moment of madness I'd forgotten that the map is provided by Google. There goes that idea.

On another note, nice to catch up with you on here also. We'll have to give those two Aussie threads a bit of CPR and get them up and running again since they seem to have collapsed somewhat. Was going through them last night and there have been some great contributors over the years!

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-18, 23:33.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
          We'll have to give those two Aussie threads a bit of CPR and get them up and running again since they seem to have collapsed somewhat. Was going through them last night and there have been some great contributors over the years!
          Yeah that would be good. I'm always impressed by the number of posts the Kiwis get on their thread. Let's have a go. I'd love to see more of our Aussie feeders use the forum a bit too. Cheers John

Comment

Working...
          X