X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding FR airway line colours

Untitled.jpg

so I am seeing this view on my FR24.

Can I know what do the orange airways and the white airways mean?

They're yellow and white designated airways taken from actual nav charts and are explained here;

✈ Take a closer look at Introducing Aeronautical Charts in Flightradar24, learn more about flight tracking and get the latest aviation news with Flightradar24.

Yellow- Officially Designated Airways
    White- new RNAV airways

They are somewhat simplified, probably in order to reduce clutter as well as server load- for example low altitude routes would normally include minimum safe altitude levels so you don't run into obstructions whilst flying. They can be one way or two way and are designated accordingly.

I found this on youtube which helps to at least explain something of the low altitude airways;

This lesson is a quick overview of the airway system in the United States.Airways are the "highways in the sky" that connect each point in the United States....

Skyvector gives you a better idea as to what they all look like (with WAC charts, TAC charts , Enroute charts etc for some areas) but can't be used for actual navigation purposes. Have a look at these and you'll soon understand why they are simplified on FR24;

Make your Flight Plan at SkyVector.com. SkyVector is a free online flight planner. Flight planning is easy on our large collection of Aeronautical Charts, including Sectional Charts, Approach Plates, IFR Enroute Charts, and Helicopter route charts. Weather data is always current, as are Jet Fuel Prices and avgas 100ll prices.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-14, 11:27.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
    X