Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notebooks?

Morning

Just getting into plane spotting but as I'm dyslexic I struggle with writing quickly so I've decided to focus on one company (qatar airways). Who uses notebooks for there spots and how do you lay out your information?

Qatarspotter
    Dave

Spotting Qatar Airways/Cargo planes

What I tend to do is photograph the aircraft and ensure the registrations are then visible, when get home go through them one at a time and add them to SpottingLog, works well for me, it may do you as well?
    ===

Kind regards
    Simon Fewkes

EASA PPL (A)
    Keen Aviation Photographer
    www.spottinglog.com

Comment

I can understand spotting being very difficult for you. I use the good old fashioned notebook and scribble method when spotting or a phone app like "Inkpad" for writing numbers while I am travelling through airports. I tend not to bother with my trusty binoculars any more, I either zoom in with my camera or carry a small powerful monocular, but that is limited as I have posterior vitreous detachments so focusing is far from reliable. The autofocus on the camera therefore is far better.
      Rex Jarvis.
      Raspberry Pi running Pi24, Radar T-EDTL22.
      Born again AvGeek, Photographer, Spotter. Nearest airports LHA - BSL - FKB - SXB.
      Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Flickr/500px

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Thanks for the link Simon Ive had a look and may use that at a later date once Internet in our area gets better, we have limited wifI and also a slow Internet speed. I tend to use two notebooks Rex I have a couple of waterproof notebooks in my bag if need be but I also have a puckapad notebook which allows me to store photos in it as well if required and also my fleet list print out. I also have a small pair of pocket binoculars I keep in the side of my rucksack
        Dave

Spotting Qatar Airways/Cargo planes

Comment

Working...
        X