This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here's why having proper data quality screeners is vitally important :

The airplane information shown on FR24 is not transmitted by the airplane. The information comes from a database - Lookup associated to the unique Hex/ModeS code that is transmitted by the airplane. Every day there are new deliveries and old aircraft getting new owners, so new information has to be modified daily. Help us in

Just out of a small selection spanning 2 weeks I've found 4 errors in the data submitted by people via the web form which has been copied and pasted into the database without any checks.

Comment

Good to see FR24 are right on to this issue...............
      Last edited by nomad77; 2017-05-19, 02:52.

Comment

Mike,

Can you remove from the ICAO list

PT6A still my favourite code, just for the engine
        P68C
        PT19

The coding logic for the drop down makes it impossible to go through in a logical way so I will add to this as I notice them.

And of course anything with these codes in the DB will have to be modified too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
          There is nothing preventing you from setting up a private forum accessible only by some key members and have the form submissions automaticaly copied there. I believe this forum software supports email to forum if enabled in the panel. The data "screeners" could cast their experienced eyes over the data and report any inaccuracies so that if the form submission has already been processed it can be swiftly corrected. Without having any proper screening in place you are at high risk of ending up back where you were with a database full of trash.
          There is absolutely no connection between the forum and the aircraft database, so any solution that is including the forum will always be 100% manual at the end and will never be an option for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
            The web form is completely broken. It really boils my piss when people like Mike tell everyone to use it yet can't even manage to set it up so it functions correctly.

I have found the Rwandair 737 first flight on playback (06E012, 1726Z taxying at RNT) and added all the fields and entered 2017-05-13 in the last box. Clicked submit, the first flight date box turns red and the form refuses to send and the submit button greys out. What is wrong with it? The first flight was on MAY 13, 2017 - exactly as entered in numerical form.

Mike an explanation please.
            We have processed more than 8000 aircraft submissions from the form and there are no known issues. If you find any errors please send an error description together with a screenshot to support@fr24.com so we can investigate and try to replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
              Good to see FR24 are right on to this issue...............
              Sorry for spending 4 days in hospital. I will try not to do it again. I close the thread here as I can't see any positive coming out of it.

Comment

Working...
              X