No announcement yet.

Which antenna have more coverage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference will not be significant, but it's worth remembering that when you get a perfect VSWR of 1.0 at 50Ω
    As far as I know, in Rx SWR is not affecting. Tx does.
    Even you can use 75 OHm coax in a 50 OHm Rx port with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by EA1DDO View Post
      Even you can use 75 OHm coax in a 50 OHm Rx port with no issues.
      VSWR is a good indication of whether the antenna is well matched at the desired frequency, even if only used for receiving. What is not as critical is the actual figure.

Comment

VSWR is a good indication of whether the antenna is well matched at the desired frequency
        Just my point of view:

It is a good indication indeed but... in Rx only system, you donīt need "to match" anything. What you need is the best S/N.
        For example, to use 75 Ohm coax in a 50 OHm system, it is 0.17 dB loss. But the cost of a good 50 OHm coax, comparing with a average TVSAT 75 Ohm coax is not worth.

So, use good 75 OHm. It will has much less loss and much cheaper than 50 OHm equivalent.

Spend you effort in a good LNA and good filter.

Cheers
        Maximo

Comment

By the way, "antennas donīt have coverage" !!

There are other topics in this forum explaining how it works.

Iīll start a new topic for a project of a new antenna system.

Cheers
          Maximo

Comment

Just my point of view:

It is a good indication indeed but... in Rx only system, you donīt need "to match" anything. What you need is the best S/N.
            >snip<
            An antenna that is 'matched' or resonant on the required frequency will receive better than one that is not. Not a point of view, a statement of fact.

Comment

Yes, that is a fact, but what I meant in this case is more important to get a good S/N, than to match impedances.
              In this case, only Rx, you will get much more better results with a better S/N from a mismatched antenna, than from a very well matched antenna and worst S/N.

Comment

Antennas are reciprocal. Bad SWR affects both directions with exactly the same attenuation compared to a correctly tuned antenna.

Please stop your desinformation about antennas, it's not helping anyone.

/M
                F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Originally posted by MrMac View Post
                  Please stop your desinformation about antennas, it's not helping anyone.
                  /M
                  Excuse me /M but this is a forum, not a personal web site or private blog. In a Forum all members can exchange his points of view, always with respect.
                  If you point of view is different than mine, fair enough, but I wonīt stop writing just because you donīt like what Iīm saying.

Regarding the antennas, I invite you to do that test, then share your results.

Comment

Working...
                  X