Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First post deleted: did I do something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post deleted: did I do something wrong?

My first post to this forum was a reply to somebody on thread URL ending with "10661-Wifi-for-F24-receiver" asking about wifi, rather than a question of my own. Just trying to be helpful and contribute to the community. It went to premoderation (fine, to be expected), but it appears to have been deleted because I've been able to reply to others in other threads without going into premoderation.

As far as I can tell, I didn't break any rules as outlined on the 'read this first' page or post any URLs per the warning, but I did mention hardware sold by another well-known ADS-B service.

Is it possible to find out from a mod if I did anything wrong and, if not, may I re-post that reply? Sorry to ask publicly, but it's bad etiquette to PM mods/admins uninvited.
    Last edited by Strix technica; 2017-04-28, 18:07.

Vbulletin doesn't notify when posts are moderated. And I appear to be the only one checking for them periodically. So there can be a delay in appearing if unnoticed (we see all posts and you have to look for the flag)

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      And I appear to be the only one checking for them periodically. So there can be a delay in appearing if unnoticed (we see all posts and you have to look for the flag)
      Got it, thanks for clarifying and sorry to bother.

I suspected that because my subsequent posts didn't go to pre-mod, that I had been 'approved' in some sense but that that first post had been deleted for some reason.

Turns out that vBulletin is just... not that great (I do the low-level admin for a vB instance but not the day-to-day moderation and administration, so I don't get to see such things. Even so, my experience of it has not been overwhelmingly positive from the admin pov.)

Thanks for sorting it out!

Comment

Theres a couple of pretty hard filters applied to stop Blackhat SEO spammers. Of which certain words and characters. You may have just hit one

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Theres a couple of pretty hard filters applied to stop Blackhat SEO spammers. Of which certain words and characters. You may have just hit one
          That may be true also, but vB said that my first post would be pre-moded as a matter of course. It also said not to include URLs in the first 3 posts or else automatic deletion.

Yeah, spam is a huge headache, especially on open registration forums, and blackhats are amazingly inventive at all sorts of schemes for posting crap.

Comment

Not sure how the moderation works, I had a post that was moderated, approved, I edited to correct a spelling mistake and now the post content has disappeared, so not sure if it's in moderation or what.

Very confusing

Comment

Originally posted by Mack-Jsy View Post
              Not sure how the moderation works, I had a post that was moderated, approved, I edited to correct a spelling mistake and now the post content has disappeared, so not sure if it's in moderation or what.

Very confusing
              You followed exactly what link spammers do. Created a post (with @ signs in it) that i unapproved. And then edited it soon after

Exactly what 'sleeper spam posters' do. The forum detected both these and re-moderated.

Comment

You followed exactly what link spammers do. Created a post (with @ signs in it) that i unapproved. And then edited it soon after

Exactly what 'sleeper spam posters' do. The forum detected both these and re-moderated.

Ahh.. Ok, do I need to repost then? - as in is that post lost? (the at signs were for time lol... damn you internet!!)

Comment

Working...
                X