LA Center Airspace Busy With Classified Aircraft Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Center Airspace Busy With Classified Aircraft Activity

I've tracked a HUGE INCREASE in Janet Airlines activity and other aircraft into / out of XSD, and into/out of the area VERY NEAR Area 51 this evening. Flight MA21, and other flights starting with MA and ending with two numbers. with no info attached keeps flying between LAS and another nearby airport, and it seems timed with the other aircraft activity into / out of XSD and Area 51. There seems to be a rhythm to it. LOTS of aircraft with no information whatsoever other than a flight number are a blip on the radar and then POOF....GONE! Especially once they get near XSD and other areas within the Nellis Airforce Range.

At first, when I saw XSD as an airport of origin or destination on a Janet Airlines flight, I tried to find it in FR24, but FR24 had nothing. Google Earth had it, though! I had no idea until tonight what XSD was until tonight. I've monitored LAS McCarran and the area lots of times before, but I've never seen activity like what I've seen today. There was even a blocked flight or two.

I tried looking up the MA flights, and not even ICAO has anything. Weird thing about the MA flights is that FR24 has a history of these flights, but there are time gaps in the history. MA21Noinfo.pngMA21FlightLog.png

They key is the Radar code.

T-F5M = FAA ASDI Data

3rd party data provided. And usually not in a format that FR24 is able to do the same database and information lookups to popupate fields as when uploaders are providing it.

If you disable USA/FAA data you will likely find there possibly isn't a fr24 radar with in reach to fill in the blanks.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I'm still learning, so if I can ask your patience, I went into my settings to see how to do that and there's no option for that. How do I do that?

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      They key is the Radar code.

T-F5M = FAA ASDI Data

3rd party data provided. And usually not in a format that FR24 is able to do the same database and information lookups to popupate fields as when uploaders are providing it.

If you disable USA/FAA data you will likely find there possibly isn't a fr24 radar with in reach to fill in the blanks.

Comment

I think you'll find it in 'Settings'/ 'Visibility' ('Data sources') and it should be 'US/Canada radar (live).' Looks as if they've changed its name from FAA at some point.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2017-04-19, 04:50.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
        X