Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Flightradar24 Android App

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagou View Post
    Just to clarify that for me: If I am already a - let's say - Gold subscriber, then I will be able to use the new app including its "Gold features" w/o any extra cost since I am already a Gold subscriber, or do I have to pay "again" in order to unlock the "Gold features" indepent from the fact that I have already paid for the Gold subscription on the web?
    I expect so. But will await confirmation too.. As mobile features are listed under the plans now. The major part being no ads and more info on anything other than free. https://www.flightradar24.com/premium

Prior to this, you needed the premium version which asks for login details.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Super Moderator
    OK. This may help you.

I now have 3 versions.

Pro - v6 - no ads and no optional boards I added

Premium - v6 - uses my acct login and unlocks more features

Free.. V7 - without subscriber login it is limited. You can be a pre existing member or feeder like me, or sign up and subscribe in-app

On the main screen there is a login. On entering my web details....

So my first hunch was correct.

The app is now an all in 1 version that unlocks. The previous paid unlock pro remains that but less detailed.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-03-28 at 11:01.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Prior to this, you needed the premium version which asks for login details.
    I know, and I've already used that for a long time. So, I would suspect to be able to use the "Gold features" in the new app, too, without having to pay again. Regarding the premium plans on the web site I would judge this assumption as proved. But confirmation would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    OK. This may help you.

I now have 3 versions.

Pro - v6 - no ads and no optional boards I added

Premium - v6 - uses my acct login and unlocks more features

Free.. V7 - without subscriber login it is limited. You can be a pre existing member or feeder like me, or sign up and subscribe in-app
    Thanks a lot for your clarification!

Super Moderator
    I figured I didn't have anything to lose installing the only missing one (free version). My Pro and Premium are rather old, but if it aint broke...

Passenger
    What about future plans for unlimited alerts ?
    I already have much more than 20 in the old app.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagou View Post
    Just to clarify that for me: If I am already a - let's say - Gold subscriber, then I will be able to use the new app including its "Gold features" w/o any extra cost since I am already a Gold subscriber, or do I have to pay "again" in order to unlock the "Gold features" indepent from the fact that I have already paid for the Gold subscription on the web?
    Web and apps are sharing same accounts and subscriptions, just like Spotify or Netflix. You get one account and use it on any unit you want.

Alerts is the feature that generates most load to FR24 servers because they are running 24/7 so they need to be limited. There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Alerts is the feature that generates most load to FR24 servers because they are running 24/7 so they need to be limited. There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.
    It has been unlimited for years on the old app.
    What about max 100 alerts.

I mean the old app is unlimited for only 2,99 for ever and 20 for 39,95 in the new app for a year ??
    Seems a bit off.

100 ?

Quote Originally Posted by altenae View Post
    It has been unlimited for years on the old app.
    What about max 100 alerts.

I mean the old app is unlimited for only 2,99 for ever and 20 for 39,95 in the new app for a year ??
    Seems a bit off.

100 ?
    The new app is not just alerts but many, many more features.