Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about future plans for unlimited alerts ?
    I already have much more than 20 in the old app.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagou View Post
      Just to clarify that for me: If I am already a - let's say - Gold subscriber, then I will be able to use the new app including its "Gold features" w/o any extra cost since I am already a Gold subscriber, or do I have to pay "again" in order to unlock the "Gold features" indepent from the fact that I have already paid for the Gold subscription on the web?
      Web and apps are sharing same accounts and subscriptions, just like Spotify or Netflix. You get one account and use it on any unit you want.

Comment

Alerts is the feature that generates most load to FR24 servers because they are running 24/7 so they need to be limited. There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Alerts is the feature that generates most load to FR24 servers because they are running 24/7 so they need to be limited. There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.
          It has been unlimited for years on the old app.
          What about max 100 alerts.

I mean the old app is unlimited for only 2,99 for ever and 20 for 39,95 in the new app for a year ??
          Seems a bit off.

100 ?

Comment

Originally posted by altenae View Post
            It has been unlimited for years on the old app.
            What about max 100 alerts.

I mean the old app is unlimited for only 2,99 for ever and 20 for 39,95 in the new app for a year ??
            Seems a bit off.

100 ?
            The new app is not just alerts but many, many more features.

Comment

The new app is not just alerts but many, many more features.
              Any idea how many aircraft spotters use the alerts? (As you can see on your own servers)

Alerts for special planes to visit there home airports is in use by many many spotters.
              Alert are much more interesting then for example history.

100 alerts should cover it.
              But 20 no.

Here in the Netherlands all aircraft enthusiasts use alerts.
              Same for many other countries.

Also:
              20 alerts means 20 push notifications maximum per month?
              Or 20 different custom notification which can be pushed much more when the custom alerts is actual?
              Last edited by altenae; 2017-03-28, 12:12.

Comment

So saved custom filters is also heavy load on the server ? I think not.
                Max 20 saved custom filters for the most expensive subscription ?
                This really must be a joke ?

Well I will use the old app for as long as it will work.
                After that no more usage of the best app ever on my devices.

Comment

How can I set personal locations like in the old apps ?
                  Regards,
                  T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                  Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

Flightradars main focus became money not being a platform for aviation enthusiasts. No support or updates for an app you paid 12 euros for, if you want those features you have to pay 39.95 a year. And you get even less. I dont need atc lines or ocean crossing lines. I want flightradar to update my app I paid for, I even want to pay a bit extra for some add ons. But this is just robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by SGM View Post
                      Flightradars main focus became money not being a platform for aviation enthusiasts. No support or updates for an app you paid 12 euros for, if you want those features you have to pay 39.95 a year. And you get even less. I dont need atc lines or ocean crossing lines. I want flightradar to update my app I paid for, I even want to pay a bit extra for some add ons. But this is just robbery.
                      I don't mind paying for a gold member !!
                      But even with gold you have only 20 alerts to set and only 20 saved filters etc..
                      I don't need 180 days history or indeed the ocean crossing etc.. etc..

Comment

Web and apps are sharing same accounts and subscriptions, just like Spotify or Netflix. You get one account and use it on any unit you want.
                        Thank you for your information, Mike! I just tested the app a bit and must admit that I like the new design and look-and-feel just as much as finally having the possibility to see all a/c information one was able to see in the web version. Great job!

One question: Like equi already asked, what happened to the bookmarks? Aren't they available anymore?
                        T-EDDG63

Comment

Originally posted by equi View Post
                          How can I set personal locations like in the old apps ?
                          Originally posted by Cagou View Post
                          One question: Like equi already asked, what happened to the bookmarks? Aren't they available anymore?
                          Bookmarks was the least used feature in the old app with less than 0.5% of users using it so we decided to remove it in this version. Instead we have made improvements to search that we think is a great alternative and there may be some new options coming in future updates.

Comment

Originally posted by SGM View Post
                            Sorry if you feel like that but the old Pro app keeps working with all the features that were in there initially and you can keep using it without paying anything more. For queries about past purchases, please email us at support@fr24.com

Most of the users have been asking for new features that were only possible to add with a recurring payment.

Comment

Bookmarks was the least used feature in the old app with less than 0.5% of users using it so we decided to remove it in this version. Instead we have made improvements to search that we think is a great alternative and there may be some new options coming in future updates.
                              Alright. I was just wondering if I missed this feature during my testing yesterday. But, I think there's no worry since, for instance, one can easily type in the ICAO or IATA code of an airport in the area you want to jump to and - there you are.
                              T-EDDG63

Comment

- No bookmarks of locations any longer (which I used). If it was only used by a small amount of users and didn't make a lot of load on the servers: Why did you delete this useful feature?

- limited custom alerts - even in gold account!

- necessary yearly subscription - even for getting rid of the ad on top of the app. Minimum this should have been a candidate for a one time payment.

- no possibility for reducing the amount of needed data while using the app (option "update every xx seconds" is missing now - why?).

Sorry - the new version may look and feel nice (I feel so too) - but all in all it is a step backwards for me and kind of more illusion than reality...
                                Last edited by EDLW; 2017-03-29, 13:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X