Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think this is the first time I have seen such an honest and very open reply which certainly puts your business case in total perspective.

Slightly strange to compare your app to buying petrol and milk but hey ho.

I will now reconsider my choices and I thank you for your honest reply.

Peter

Comment

Hi guys. I just installed the new app and upgraded to silver.

In the standard display mode there's this big rectangular space with yellow fine grid cover from the very top of the map, west of France down to about equator and across north/Central America all the way to the very eastern tip of Russia. This only shows in both the standard and the hybrid mode and not in the satellite mode. Inside this space there's no map or any geographical features but the little plane symbols and the airport pins can still be seen.

I have deleted the app, restarted my iPad and installed it, yet problem remains. I also download the new app to a 2 me iPad and it's exactly the same. Both devices are iPad Pro.

I'd appreciate if anyone can assist.

Many thanks.

Comment

I joined the gold subscription but was disappointed with the 20 custom alert limit.

I want to track all RAF Voyagers and have set an alert for the reg ZZ3 thinking this will catch them all and just use one alert slot. However, I've not had a single hit. What am I doing wrong? Look forward to a reply and news on future alert changes.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Alerts is the feature that generates most load to FR24 servers because they are running 24/7 so they need to be limited. There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.
          Any ideas when we can expect any feedback as to why the IOS Alerts are being sent 10 minutes later than via Android / Web? I have reinstalled the new app. Still no luck. It's disappointing that many of the alerts I receive - for example for a particular aircraft flying without ADS-B but using Multilaterisation of Mode S - have disappeared from coverage before I get an alert on IOS 10.3.3 (iPhone 6S Plus) and that on the forum, there has been no reaction to the screen shots I have posted. Worse, these alerts are actually 8 - 10 minutes LATER than other competitors of Flight Radar 24..... makes a mockery of why we should pay for 'gold' standard when even the basic service of other suppliers is significantly better than Flight Radar....

FR24-2.jpg
          Last edited by Steve6443; 2017-09-07, 17:54. Reason: added photo demonstrating issue.....

Comment

Thank you for fixing the problem with the brightness and the city names!

Comment

Here are my test results about Notifications IOS vs Android.
              The last 2 weeks I have used 2 Iphones (one with IOS 10 and one with IOS 11) and 2 Android Devices. (Samsung note and Nexus 6P running Android 7 and version 8)

Added the alert registration PH-BXA (global) and PH-KZU (global)
              It seems the delay between the Android vs IOS became much better than before (IOS was always 5-10 minutes later)

BUT !!!
              From the 30 alerts on the Androids of the PH-BXA and PH-KZU only 19 arrived on the Iphone !! (Both Iphones missed 11 alerts !!)
              I did test this because I had a feeling my Iphone was missing notifications very often.
              Maybe it’s because you use different servers for push notifications for Android vs IOS ?
              I hope you can figure out what is going on here..

Comment

Hello,

Could you confirm that the old app is not working anymore with alert Notifications.
                I haven't seen any notifications for the last weeks from the old app !?

Comment

Push alerts

Exactly the same on my iPhone 6. This is really bullshit we are paying a lot for this feature.
                  The old app no alerts any more. Fixed fast.

Originally posted by altenae View Post
                  Here are my test results about Notifications IOS vs Android.
                  The last 2 weeks I have used 2 Iphones (one with IOS 10 and one with IOS 11) and 2 Android Devices. (Samsung note and Nexus 6P running Android 7 and version 8)

Added the alert registration PH-BXA (global) and PH-KZU (global)
                  It seems the delay between the Android vs IOS became much better than before (IOS was always 5-10 minutes later)

BUT !!!
                  From the 30 alerts on the Androids of the PH-BXA and PH-KZU only 19 arrived on the Iphone !! (Both Iphones missed 11 alerts !!)
                  I did test this because I had a feeling my Iphone was missing notifications very often.
                  Maybe it’s because you use different servers for push notifications for Android vs IOS ?
                  I hope you can figure out what is going on here..

Comment

Zero alerts today from the PH-KZU and PH-BXA on the IOS devices.
                    Android was spot on.Bestand 16-10-17 11 03 05.jpg
                    Last edited by altenae; 2017-10-16, 11:12.

Comment

Hello,

Last try for me. Please do some investigation.

I have:
                      IPad pro 12.9 with IOS 10.3.3
                      Ipad pro 10.5 with IOS 11.0.3
                      IPhone 8 with IOS 11.0.3
                      Iphone SE with 10.3.3
                      Note 8 with Android 7.1.1

Two accounts a Silver and Buissenes
                      Added two alerts.
                      The alerts always come on the Note 8 running Android and No alerts at all on any IOS device.

Tried re-install and delete and adding alerts etc.

Nothing no alerts on the Apple hardware.
                      Abcourse alerts are allowed option is enabled.

It started with getting some alerts (missed most of them) ending up with not receiving any alerts anymore

What is going on here?

Update: When adding a new registration the alert is coming a couple of times (2) and stops after that....
                      Seems new added alerts are working, but stop working after a couple of alerts..
                      Last edited by altenae; 2017-10-20, 13:19.

Comment

Last update (after more testing)

Well this is what happens every time

Added new alert registration = PH-KZM and destination is AMS.

This works for some alerts in the beginning and around the second day the alert is never never coming again. (Tried different devices and IOS versions all the same behavior)

I am almost certain it's somehow blocked by the server for some reason.

Adding a new and different registration works again ending up never receiving it anymore after day one!!!

Comment

The behavior i have noticed.
                          I am almost certain the reason why I am not receiving certain alerts is due to the algorithm the way push alerts are handled for IOS on the server in combination with throttling down some alerts due to server load ?!

The registrations PH-KZU , PH-BXA and PH-BXC has been added to the alert list for some time now (6 months). In the beginning these alerts came thru fine. After some time the arriving of these alerts became 50/50 ending up in NOT receiving these alerts anymore on my IOS devices !!

New added alerts PH-KZM and PH-BXB are working flawless … (but for how long ?)
                          I wish someone would take this seriously and have a look at the algorithm.
                          The registrations PH-KZU , PH-BXA and PH-BXC are never pushed to my Iphone (what else can cause this)….

Update 22-10-2017 03 PM !!!!!

As expected..... no more alerts since this afternoon of the PH-KZM (android no issue)...
                          Something is wrong on the server side...for now the IOS version cannot be trusted...

I have tested it now for a month without any backup from flightradar.
                          To make a long story short New alerts work and stop working after some time…

For sure I haven't received any alerts from the PH-KZU, PH-BXA and PH-BXC for weeks (except on the Android it's working perfectly on the Note 8)

Update 23-10-2017
                          Updated the new Flightradar App from the App store... still the same issue..
                          I am done testing hopefully it will be fixed sometime in the future..
                          Last edited by altenae; 2017-10-23, 13:19.

Comment

Push alerts doesn’t work on iOS device

Today I have no alerts on my iPhone 6 PH-KZU for AMS this plane flew sixs flight. On a android device 6 alerts on iOS device nothing. Today also no alert for CN-RGV this one I needed in my photo collection so I missed it because no alert. Edward is really right about his test results it’s really said that you don’t fixed this for your iOS customers the also pay a lot off money for the features. This is a serious problem something is really wrong with your server for iOS device. The old app doesn’t do any alert at all.

[rQUOTE=altenae;97367]The behavior i have noticed.
                            I am almost certain the reason why I am not receiving certain alerts is due to the algorithm the way push alerts are handled for IOS on the server in combination with throttling down some alerts due to server load ?!

The registrations PH-KZU , PH-BXA and PH-BXC has been added to the alert list for some time now (6 months). In the beginning these alerts came thru fine. After some time the arriving of these alerts became 50/50 ending up in NOT receiving these alerts anymore on my IOS devices !!

New added alerts PH-KZM and PH-BXB are working flawless … (but for how long ?)
                            I wish someone would take this seriously and have a look at the algorithm.
                            The registrations PH-KZU , PH-BXA and PH-BXC are never pushed to my Iphone (what else can cause this)….

Update 22-10-2017 03 PM !!!!!

As expected..... no more alerts since this afternoon of the PH-KZM (android no issue)...
                            Something is wrong on the server side...for now the IOS version cannot be trusted...

I have tested it now for a month without any backup from flightradar.
                            To make a long story short New alerts work and stop working after some time…

For sure I haven't received any alerts from the PH-KZU, PH-BXA and PH-BXC for weeks (except on the Android it's working perfectly on the Note 8)

Update 23-10-2017
                            Updated the new Flightradar App from the App store... still the same issue..
                            I am done testing hopefully it will be fixed sometime in the future..[/QUOTE]

Comment

Dear, I created an alert for all B77 going to one airport and it worked. Then I added a condition «*airline is not*» and since then not any B77 is reported. I use FR24 on iOS 11. This is a bug reporting for your information and hopefully resolution [emoji854]
                              Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X