X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new FR24-App is really fantastic!

One question:

Do you know whether there is a possibility to turn off that the names of towns are light up when you set the map brightness?
    It is a little bit misleading when you see many town names...

Best,
    GER_EDDM

Comment

Custom alerts with Gold subscription

Really great new app wel done.

I have the gold now in trial version the only thing i really dont like is only 20 custom alerts for the Gold subscription 40 dollars a year thats grazy we now have unlimited.
      This must be at least 100 alerts. Lots off people will not use this app anymore for this reason.
      Last edited by melvin85; 2017-04-10, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by melvin85 View Post
        Really great new app wel done.

I have the gold now in trial version the only thing i really dont like is only 20 custom alerst for the Gold subscription 40 dollars a year thats grazy we now have unlimited.
        This must be a least 100 alerts. Lots off people will not use this app anymore for this reason.
        Correct.
        100 custom alerts and I am sold for the Gold subscription

Comment

Originally posted by GER_EDDM View Post
          The new FR24-App is really fantastic!

One question:

Do you know whether there is a possibility to turn off that the names of towns are light up when you set the map brightness?
          It is a little bit misleading when you see many town names...

Best,
          GER_EDDM
          City names are part of the Apple map that is out of our control.

Comment

I have used the new app for some time now (gold)
            To be honest it's much better then the old one.
            I like it !!!!!!

The only thing I don't like is the amount of custom alerts (last time I will mention this....haha)...need more....

Comment

Hi, love the new features of the new app, but the town names are too bright when you turn the map brightness down. I also miss the option to turn the aircraft shadows on/off.
              OrionOptics 12" 1200mm + Tele Vue x 2 Powermate + Canon EOS 50D

My Photo Album

Comment

The only problem I have run into with the new app is that when I'm pulling up a plane's info from a specific flight page, the app never pulls up the information, but if I search specifically for that plane, it pulls the plane's info immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  City names are part of the Apple map that is out of our control.
                  Thank you!

But when using the old app and set the brightness - the city names are also not bright up... Perhaps you will find a solution...

Comment

well i noticed there was a new app out because the alert's did not work so i was thinking lets download again
                    TADA new app

i was an pro user from android, get to ios, buy again and now have the subscription (silver)
                    i work in a e-company so i do understand that development and staff is not for free and a once in a lifetime payment will not work.
                    i will spend more money on gas to drive to the airport's than paying once a year a small fee.
                    Keep it up!

Comment

Nice upgrade
                      Thx

Comment

SUPERB update with the Rich Notification !!!!!!

Thanks !!!

P.S. Custom sound for the notification sound in the next update ?
                        Last edited by altenae; 2017-06-26, 17:52.

Comment

I have just updated the app, I normally use the web interface but thought I would give the app another go, it is fantastic, however there is one feature that is bothering me, when you look at a planes history the map option only gives you a satellite view with no place labels, this makes it hard to see where it is going to / from, I cannot find any option to change the map view in this part of the app, any chance of being able to switch to a basic or hybrid map with roads and place names ?
                          FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Nice Update, but still the problem with the brightness of the city names. Tracking flights is difficult with this bug!

Comment

Hi Guys

I am a user of your great app, both Android and IOS, I am really flabbergasted at all the bad reviews I am seeing on the Google Play Store and the IOS App Store.

I cannot quite believe that such a respected app developer like you guys have resulted in this way of charging people, please before this gets irratrievable can you reconsider your stance for genuine supporters of FR24, I paid for many upgrades on your original app and basically you have dumped me and many, many others.

I love your app and would be happy to pay for a one off fee, please reconsider your ethos before it's to late.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by PeterK View Post
                                Hi Guys

I am a user of your great app, both Android and IOS, I am really flabbergasted at all the bad reviews I am seeing on the Google Play Store and the IOS App Store.

I cannot quite believe that such a respected app developer like you guys have resulted in this way of charging people, please before this gets irratrievable can you reconsider your stance for genuine supporters of FR24, I paid for many upgrades on your original app and basically you have dumped me and many, many others.

I love your app and would be happy to pay for a one off fee, please reconsider your ethos before it's to late.

Peter
                                Hi Peter,

First of all thank you for supporting Flightradar24 and buying the app. We are reading all reviews on both Android and iOS. Flightradar24 was launched 11 years ago and apps were launched 7 years ago. The cost of the app has been around 1.99-2.99€. For that amount users have been able to use the app and have been receiving updates for up to 7 years without any costs. Most users got much more features than they initially paid for.

To change business model from one time payment to subscription was not easy but completely inevitable. We have a lot of ongoing costs to keep Flightradar24 up and running, including server hosting (30+ servers), network/data usage (sending terabytes of data every day), increasing number of employees (30+), building the global network where more and more installations are done in remote areas with higher installation costs (in total 6000+ installations), airline schedules, saving terabytes of historical data, plus direct costs like weather and aeronautical charts where we pay for each loaded layer to a third party data provider. Flightradar24 is offering an ongoing service, with ongoing costs so we have to charge an ongoing fee. We think that everyone can understand that a company with ongoing costs can't survive with a one time payment fee.

We can also compare to other services like Spotify, Netflix, Photoshop or why not your petrol och milk provider. You can't pay a small one time fee, and keep using their services/products with free updates year after year after year.

The new app offers a lot of new features for free. A silver subscription which will eliminate ads and add some extra features cost just $9.99 per year, and if you want to go all in a gold subscription is $3.99 per month.

To summarize the situation we are offering users that have previously bought the Pro app, to keep using the app just like before. They also got a special offer to try the New app, which in many cases has a value of 2-6 times more that they have paid for the Pro app. We know that many people are upset and disappointed, but in a reality where we pay money for each page/app load we can't offer the New app for a one time fee. We are now sharing the same structure with the same features between apps and web, and when you buy a subscription on one platform it gives you access to all platforms. We will keep developing and adding new features to give our users as much value as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Comment

Working...
                                X