CoCo Antenna - 2, 4, 6, 8 & 12 Elements - Simulation Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoCo Antenna - 2, 4, 6, 8 & 12 Elements - Simulation Results

Simulation results show that CoCo is a High Gain, High Impedance/High SWR Antenna.
    Due to its high SWR, an impedance matching device is required to be incorporated in the feed coax (i.e. between CoCo and Receiver) to bring down SWR to 1.5 or less, in order to fully utilize the high gain of CoCo.

2-ELEMENTS

4-ELEMENTS

6-ELEMENTS

8-ELEMENTS

12-ELEMENTS

The above simulations are for CoCo alone, and do not include affect of feed coax.

Adding feed coax will change performance of CoCo, unless some feed isolation arrangement such as decoupling sleeve is provided. After adding decoupling sleeve at the feed point, the affect of feed coax becomes small, and the antenna performs almost as the stimulation shows.

The addition of isolating arrangement however does NOT improve SWR or reduce impedance. An impedance matching arrangement will still be required to get good SWR (1.5 or less) and a good performance.

Above simulations were for for antenna in free space.
    Now I have modified the simulation model (4-element and 8-element coco) for antenna at 7 meters (23 feet) above real ground.

This has affected the radiation pattern and the gain, but the SWR/Impedance did not change. It remained high at same values as those for antenna in free space, and still require impedance matching arrangement to bring down SWR to a decent value (1.5 and less).

4-ELEMENT, 7 meters above ground

8-ELEMENT, 7 meters above ground

Comment

Hello, I'd like to ask you how you use CST to simulate coco, such as how to add incentives,I want to make a coco with a square coaxial line, but I have some confusion in the process

Comment

polyethylene:
        I never used simulation software CST, sorry cannot help you.

Comment

could you tell me what kind of software you use here? I'll be very happy if you reply me .

Comment

I use simulation modelling software 4nec2 (free of cost).

It can be downloaded from here:
            Download 4NEC2 Software (free of cost)

Also, I have uploaded my following simulation model files to DropBox. Anyone can download these from Dropbox and run in software 4NEC2.

Cantenna.nec

Monopole with Coil and Ground Plane.nec

Super J-Pole with Coil.nec

CoCo-8-elements-2018.nec

Comment

thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
              X