Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water ingress

Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    My HOA has solved my water ingress problem. They refused to allow any outdoor installation of antenna, and as a result all my antennas are inside my apartment near windows. No water ingress problem
    That seems a bit harsh but I suppose they have to avoid large numbers of residents wanting their own antennas/dishes for various uses.
    Is you apartment high up near the top of the block?

It is not at/near the top of the building, but several floors above the road, enough to give 250 nm range in directions in which there is no high-rise building.

The main issue is several surrounding large buildings which block view. My antennas can see only those planes which are visible in the slots between buildings. My own building blocks a large portion of the 360° coverage

If antennas were allowed on roof of the building, the view of almost entire 360° would be clear.

That probably explains why you are content, or is it resigned, to experiment with antennas placed by the window.

I feel I just have to get them up on the roof to make the most of the limited height of my house.

Of course the reasonably good 360 degree view I have is a big bonus but wouldn’t it be amazing if you could have an antenna plus LNA on top of the apartment building?

I dare say with enough amplification it could be fed via the communal aerial distribution.
    Last edited by jackthom; 2018-09-08 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by jackthom View Post
    That probably explains why you are content, or is it resigned, to experiment with antennas placed by the window.
    (1) "Resigned" is more appropriate

(2) Addition benefit: At arm's reach, makes experimenting very easy. It is hard to climb up and down the roof a large number of times needed during experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by jackthom View Post
    I dare say with enough amplification it could be fed via the communal aerial distribution.
    No community aerial distribution in our building. Only paid ($ $ $) Cable TV by a Cable TV company. For the free of cost "on the air" TV, I use indoor "rabbit ear" telescopic antenna
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-08 at 16:43.