Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeding FR24 with raspberry PI from data over network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding FR24 with raspberry PI from data over network?

Greetings.

I'm already feeding FR24 using the windows feeding software set to listen to the data over the network of a Flightfeeder from flightaware, and I have not set a raspberry pi feeder yet, so my question is the following:

-Is it possible to set the Fr24 feeder on raspberry PI to feed the data I receive over the network? I don't want to set 2 antennas and buy another USB dongle, my idea is to set the raspberry PI to listen to the data from the flightfeeder and feed it to FR24 just like my windows FR24 feeding software is set to.

Try this:
    After installing FR24 feeder on RPi
    (1) Go to browser of Windows computer and type <IP of RPi>:8754/settings.html
    (2) Make settings as shown below and attached screenshot, click "Save" and "Restart" buttons at bottom-right of page.
    Receiver: ModeS Beast (TCP)
    Host/IP: <IP of Flight Feeder>:30005
    Feeding FR24 from another source - settings.png

(3) Go to page <IP of RPi>:8754
    It should show like screenshot below
    Feeding FR24 from another source - status.png

EDIT:
    Have you purchased Flight Feeder+Antenna+coax, or have these been supplied free of cost ("loaned" equipment) by Flight Aware?

In case of free supplied (loaned) hardware, you have to check and make sure you do not violate Flightaware's terms & conditions by feedeing data from their "loaned" hardware to another site.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2017-03-12, 17:50.

Comment

This what it says on the FAQ page.

Can I share data from FlightFeeder with other sites?
      Sure! FlightAware encourages the sharing of all available ADS-B data for maximum collaboration and sharing within the community.
      Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
        Try this:
        After installing FR24 feeder on RPi
        (1) Go to browser of Windows computer and type <IP of RPi>:8754/settings.html
        (2) Make settings as shown below and attached screenshot, click "Save" and "Restart" buttons at bottom-right of page.
        Receiver: ModeS Beast (TCP)
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8532[/ATTACH]

(3) Go to page <IP of RPi>:8754
        It should show like screenshot below
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8533[/ATTACH]

EDIT:
        Have you purchased Flight Feeder+Antenna+coax, or have these been supplied free of cost ("loaned" equipment) by Flight Aware?

In case of free supplied (loaned) hardware, you have to check and make sure you do not violate Flightaware's terms & conditions by feedeing data from their "loaned" hardware to another site.
        Thank you, very clear instructions, I will purchase a rpi then

And regarding your questions, it is loaned, however, I send them an e-mail asking if there was any issue with sharring to any other site and this is what I got as a reply:
        We do not have any restrictions on our feeders that will prevent any sharing to other sites. You would just have to contact them directly to see how to connect to their systems.

Best regards,
        FlightAware

Comment

At the end of installation of FR24 feeder on your RPi, sign-up process will start which will ask your email, sharing key, latitude & longitude of receiver, antenna height etc etc.

Next, configuration process will start as shown below. Make settings as shown in red

Step 4.1 - Receiver selection:
          1 - DVBT Stick (USB)
          -----------------------------------------------------
          2 - SBS1/SBS1er (USB/Network)
          3 - SBS3 (USB/Network)
          4 - ModeS Beast (USB/Network)
          5 - AVR Compatible (DVBT over network, etc)
          6 - microADSB (USB/Network)
          7 - SBSx via Basestation (localhost:30006)
          Enter your receiver type (1-7)$: 4

Step 4.2 - Please select connection type:
          1 - Network connection
          2 - USB directly to this computer
          Enter your connection type (1-2)$: 1

Step 4.3A - Please enter your receiver's IP address/hostname
          $: <IP of Flight Feeder>

Step 4.3B - Please enter your receiver's data port number
          $: 30005

Step 5.1 - Would you like to enable RAW data feed on port 30002 (yes/no)$:no

Step 5.2 - Would you like to enable Basestation data feed on port 30003 (yes/no)$:no

Step 6A - Please select desired logfile mode:
          0 - Disabled
          1 - 48 hour, 24h rotation
          2 - 72 hour, 24h rotation
          Select logfile mode (0-2)$:

Step 6B - Please enter desired logfile path (/var/log):
          $:

Post Install configuration/Re-configuration of FR24 feeder
          The FR24 Feeder can be configured on the page http://<IP of RPi>:8754/settings.html. The setting should be
          Receiver: ModeS Beast(TCP)
          Please see screenshot given below.

Feeding FR24 from another source - settings.png

Alternatively you may use:
          Receiver: AVR(TCP)
          Host/IP: <IP of Flight Feeder>:30002.

Re-configuration can also be done through SSH
          Code:
          ~ $ sudo fr24feed --reconfigure
          #after reconfiguration
          ~$ sudo service fr24feed restart

Comment

Hi, thanks for the clear instructions. I feed to FR24 through my flightfeeder and with the exact settings in windows. My only problem is, everytime my internet router or flightfeeder restarts in rare case due to electricity problem, its IP Address (flightfeeder's) also changes automatically like from 192.168.0.101 to 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.102 etc. Is there any setting through which IP Address can stay same even after it restarts because i have to re-configure FR24 everytime with the new IP address.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Set the IP as static in the device, or set a static reserve in the router. Online guides should help you there

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Headless devices should never have static IPs, but look in your router how to make an IP reservation, or sometimes called a "DHCP fixed address" You enter the device's MAC address and an IP, then it will always be assigned this IP through DHCP.

/M
                F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

If you have a FlightAware FlightFeeder, you can set a static IP address for it. Check out the FlightAware FAQs page.

Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Greetings

I just bought RPi 3 and want to feed data to FR24. I have Flightaware Flightfeeder which is working totally fine. Can I get steps to connect my RPi 3 to my Flightfeeder to feed data to FR24?

I am in aviation but I have zero experience about these configurations because I just started feeding two months ago through Flightfeeder, which is pre-configured. I want to activate MLAT too. Please help.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aviatorr View Post
                      Greetings

I just bought RPi 3 and want to feed data to FR24. I have Flightaware Flightfeeder which is working totally fine. Can I get steps to connect my RPi 3 to my Flightfeeder to feed data to FR24?

I am in aviation but I have zero experience about these configurations because I just started feeding two months ago through Flightfeeder, which is pre-configured. I want to activate MLAT too. Please help.

Thanks
                      (1) Download Raspbian Jessie Lite image from http://raspberrypi.org/downloads

(2) Format microSD Card - to do this, you have to download and install SDFormatter on your Windows computer

(3) Write the downloaded image to microSD Card - to do this, you have to download and install either Win32Imager, or Etcher on your Windows computer.

Win32DiskImager download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
                      Etcher download: https://etcher.io/

For Steps 1, 2, & 3 above see guide here:

(4) Insert microSD Card in RPi and power up

(5) Download and install SSH program like PuTTY on your Windows computer. You can download it from here: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~...ty/latest.html

(6) Using SSH, install FR24 data feeder by following command
                      sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

(7) When installation is completed, it will automatically start signup & configuration procedure.
                      Follow the configuration steps given in my post #5 above
                      Last edited by abcd567; 2017-07-01, 15:42.

Comment

(6 on will do trick from your current working unit)

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks a lot brother. Will do this in couple of days.

Comment

Greetings,
                            Can somebody please help me in configuring my router so that i can view FlightFeeder Skyview map from outside of my local network, like on my cellphone when i am not at home. I am very new to this and i tried port forwarding in my router with following settings but it didn't work.
                            SERVICE PORT: 8080
                            INTERNAL PORT: 8080
                            IP ADDRESS: 192.168.0.100 (FLIGHTFEEDER's IP)

I tried on my cellphone by typing my ISP IP address (183.82.66.77:8080) but it didn't work. I have a TP-Link router and FlightFeeder 7.7.1.

Thanks

Comment

Surely there will be a guide on FlightAware? (It's actually their product not fr24?!?!)

Chances are your router also has its own port open the same and will need to be configured for a different port.

The device also has to know how to handle traffic not from local ips.

Comment

Working...
                              X