Flightradar24 on Android TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 on Android TV

I'm thinking about buying a Xiaomi Mi Box 3; mainly because of Kodi, build-in Chromecast and Android TV.
    It would be really cool to view FR24 on the TV.

I recently read FR24 supports Chromecast; since I don't have any Chromecast devices; I don't know how it exactly works and looks; but based on what I've found online it a bit basic.

So my question is; will FR24 support Android TV?

Most of those things are just a cellphone CPUs tapped onto a board with some HDMI/Wireless etc and android sideloaded.

So if you are lucky and the playstore is supported you can login and install FR app as per normal. But remember it has to be certified for use with the maps in the API. So if its not a valid/certified ID attached to the Android on it, it may not
    work.

Chromecast itself, is a mini box, that's capable of using popular stream types/links and screen mirroring to output to a TV. Has a basic copy of youtube and the likes onboard so when you play something its able to also play the link for you to the tv instead of your device directly.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-03-09, 20:44.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Actually, flag that.

My initial google of the model found all the Chinese made ones as I describe (describing the clone ones as working LIKE that model). Not official supported ATV devices. They might be a different kettle of fish and not have play store even available as they are meant to be an all in 1 solution

I have a chromecast at home, Ill check how well it works with the app and see if something that can do casting as this does will work.
      Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-03-09, 20:45.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The Xiaomi Mi Box 3 is a genuine product with the official Android TV from Google: https://www.android.com/tv/
        Android TV is also on several TV brands (Sony, Sharp etc.), the Nvidia Shield and more.

Since it's Android TV the app store is a bit different from the usual Android app store. I have no experience yet with Android TV though.
        But an official FR24 for Android TV would be amazing. Having the app open on a 42" screen would look very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Iemand91 View Post
          The Xiaomi Mi Box 3 is a genuine product with the official Android TV from Google: https://www.android.com/tv/
          Android TV is also on several TV brands (Sony, Sharp etc.), the Nvidia Shield and more.

Since it's Android TV the app store is a bit different from the usual Android app store. I have no experience yet with Android TV though.
          But an official FR24 for Android TV would be amazing. Having the app open on a 42" screen would look very cool.
          Yeah soon noticed, hence my corrections.

It appears to be a slimmed down one with apps that are specific to a flat interface with no drawdown etc. Side to side selections like Netflix and the likes. Since it supports Casting as it claims (and fr24 does too?), if you have it on your mobile it may well work fine. That I can check, as the chromecast will likely be less grunty

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Yeah soon noticed, hence my corrections.

It appears to be a slimmed down one with apps that are specific to a flat interface with no drawdown etc. Side to side selections like Netflix and the likes.
            Yes, that's what I've found too. Bit difficult to use apps like FR23 on a non-touchscreen screen.
            Since it supports Casting as it claims (and fr24 does too?),
            Yep: https://www.facebook.com/flightradar...type=3&theater
            if you have it on your mobile it may well work fine. That I can check, as the chromecast will likely be less grunty
            Cool.

But I presume no real FR24 app for Android TV for a while...

Comment

Works fine on Android TV, either using a mouse and keyboard or the lame remote that comes with the box. Just download the app from the Google Play store and away you go, works the same as my Android phone and Windows PC.
              Michael
              Palmerston North,
              New Zealand
              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                Works fine on Android TV, either using a mouse and keyboard or the lame remote that comes with the box. Just download the app from the Google Play store and away you go, works the same as my Android phone and Windows PC.
                Ok, thanks.

We'll see how it looks if and when I buy the Mi Box.

Comment

Working...
                X