Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info about recent Gibralter Police Helicopter flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about recent Gibralter Police Helicopter flight?

Hello. Scanning around the Gibraltar area, I came across this aircraft Angel26, a helicopter flying a nightime track in the area
    East of Gibralter. Please see attached. I wonder if this is a regular flight in that area? Hope I have this posted in the right forum,
    if not please let me know and I will move it to the correct one.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Did you not spot the writing on the side of the heli?

'Policia'
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Of course I did. My question was 'I wonder if this is a REGULAR flight in that area' I was curious as to what the flight was doing, ie Search and Rescue or similar public operation.
      I think that would be interesting to know about. If it was a covert operation then obviously no information would be available.

Comment

I took your 'information on this aircraft', topic name as the primary question being asked about the heli itself. And the is it regular as a secondary

Lets change that now.

So my answer was to cover both more or less.

I doubt a police helicopter would have a regular role/callsign if they follow most countries format. For instance in the UK has India 99 (and so on) as its fulltime callsign. No matter the job/tasking. Similarly here.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          I took your 'information on this aircraft', topic name as the primary question being asked about the heli itself. And the is it regular as a secondary

Lets change that now.

So my answer was to cover both more or less.

I doubt a police helicopter would have a regular role/callsign if they follow most countries format. For instance in the UK has India 99 (and so on) as its fulltime callsign. No matter the job/tasking. Similarly here.
          Thanks OB, first time I've come across a call sign like that other than Military aircraft which of course come up with a multitude of them. It happened to catch my eye as we have friends in the
          Malaga area and I happened to be scanning that portion and I was intrigued by the jumbled racetrack pattern. Cheers.

Comment

Does it show further flights when searching via registration similar?

(incase they make angel a medical/search CS)

Comment

Ah, MLAT. Callsign doesn't get properly logged.

Comment

ANGEL-21 to ANGEL-36 are Eurocopter EC-135 P2+ of the spanish police. They are based in different spanish airports and fly regularly over cities.
                But they don't do any scheduled flights.
                You can also spot HELIMER-201 to HELIMER-219, they are AW-139 and belong to Spanish Maritime Rescue.

Comment

Working...
                X