Millitary Excercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millitary Excercises

Look like a scene from Top Gun off the East coast of England at the moment.
    Wished FR24 would track these sort of aircraft as well. I'm also feeding to Radarbox24 and always have a look and see what else is out and about.
    Noticed callsigns like Zodiac, Zenith, Apollo, Snake, Savage and others. Typhoons, Tornados, Hawks and others all on exercise by the looks of things.
    T-EGPH99

Yep, looks like that most weekdays off the East Coast. When I worked up at Aberdeen I worked Anglia Radar which controlled all the choppers from Norwich and Humberside out to the gas rigs. It was always fun attempting to keep a chopper going 90kts clear of an F-15 that was weaving all over the shop at 600+ kts.
    T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

Comment

I found it really interesting and exiting to watch lol.
      There was a couple of Dassault Falcons involved which some of the info said they were attached to 100 squadron who play the "bad guys" in exercises.
      Also watched callsign TARTN22 from Brize Norton doing loads of circles across the same area.
      Wished we could watch it all on the FR24 map rather than look elsewhere.

Edit to add: There's a few out and about again. The Dassaults have callsign Vader61 + 62 (FA20) watching them on FR24 map now off the coast of Newcastle
      Last edited by Billy; 2017-02-22, 10:55.
      T-EGPH99

Comment

Yep, the FA20s are supplied by Cobham Aviation.
        T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

Comment

The only "civilian" aircraft in the UK to carry missiles. Very interesting stuff
          T-EGPH99

Comment

Working...
          X