Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple feeding on RPi

Passenger

Question Multiple feeding on RPi

Hi everyone!
    I'm new to the forum..
    I'd like to know if it's possible to use a Raspberry Pi to feed on both FR24 and Flightaware simultaneoulsy.
    I have a RPi3 with Raspbian Jessie (pixel) and a NooElec NESDR Mini 2.

Thanks.

Captain
    Welcome to the forum.

Yes, You can feed all those ADS-B flight tracking sites & planeplotter network from one Raspberry Pi3.

Passenger
    Welcome to the forum.
    Yes, You can feed all those ADS-B flight tracking sites & planeplotter network from one Raspberry Pi3.
    ok, thanks for the answer!
    I have installed both "clients" on my RBPi but only Flightaware works properly, Fr24feeder remains connected to the "service" (the site shows it connected H24) but it doesn't feed anything. Do i have to do something particular in order to get them working correctly??
    Thanks in advance.

Purser
    My advice is to stay with a "neutral" distribution image, install latest dump1090 mutability, and then just add the feeders that you like.

I use DietPi for a very lean distribution, but NOOBS / Raspbian should work just as well.

Then install dump1090-mutability, check that it works and provides raw data on port 30005.

Now you can install all the different feeders you like. Don't let any one of them take over the decoding, just direct them to localhost:30005 for data. On this port, the data is in Beast/RAW format.

This will provide the most flexible receiver setup, without too much dependencies on the different sites own software.

/M
    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-LFMN3
    P-ESGR, P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF

Passenger
    Help please, confused newbie here. I already had a Pi feeding to FR24 having downloaded their image. However as I also wish to use FA, I couldn't get it to work. I have now installed FA's dump8080 and it's working fine.
    Please can someone give me an idiots guide to adding a feed to my FR24 account, and how will it pick up with my existing account please?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Drawmer View Post
    Help please, confused newbie here. I already had a Pi feeding to FR24 having downloaded their image. However as I also wish to use FA, I couldn't get it to work. I have now installed FA's dump8080 and it's working fine.
    Please can someone give me an idiots guide to adding a feed to my FR24 account, and how will it pick up with my existing account please?
    Do a fresh install in following order:
    (1) Format microSD card
    (2) Write Raspbian Jessie image (download from raspberrypi.org) to microSD card
    (3) Install dump1090-mutability from instructions on this page: How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

IMPORTANT: Dump1090-mutability should be installed BEFORE any of the data feeders are installed

(4) Install Flightaware feeder from instructions on this page (STEP 2 ONLY): http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/install

(5) Install FR24 feeder from instructions on this page: https://www.flightradar24.com/raspberry-pi using command
    Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

(6) REBOOT the Pi

(7) ENJOY!!!
    Last edited by abcd567; 2017-02-22 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Penaz View Post
    ok, thanks for the answer!
    I have installed both "clients" on my RBPi but only Flightaware works properly, Fr24feeder remains connected to the "service" (the site shows it connected H24) but it doesn't feed anything. Do i have to do something particular in order to get them working correctly??
    Thanks in advance.
    (1) Go to page: http://<IP of your RPi>:8754/settings.html

(2) Make settings as shown in the screenshot below.

(3) Click "Save" and "Restart" buttons on bottom right of the page.

(4) Reboot Pi

FR24 settings.png

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    (2) Make settings as shown in the screenshot below.
    It's better to use TCP - Raw/Beast - 30005.

In fr24feed.ini it then looks like this:

receiver="beast-tcp"
    fr24key="yourfeederkey"
    host="127.0.0.1:30005"

/M
    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-LFMN3
    P-ESGR, P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF

Quote Originally Posted by MrMac View Post
    It's better to use TCP - Raw/Beast - 30005.
    In fr24feed.ini it then looks like this:
    receiver="beast-tcp"
    fr24key="yourfeederkey"
    The ModeS Beast (TCP), port 30005, can also be set from page http://<IP of RPi>:8754/settings.html, as shown in screenshot below.

FR24 Settings-Beast (TCP)-30005.png

After changing, saving, and restarting settings.html page, if you check the file /etc/fr24feed.ini, you will see these settings are saved there.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/fr24feed.ini
    receiver="beast-tcp"
    fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    bs="no"
    raw="no"
    logmode="0"
    windowmode="0"
    mpx="no"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"

Alternatively, you can directly edit the file /etc/fr24feed.ini to enter desired settings, as suggested by MrMac
    Last edited by abcd567; 2017-02-23 at 18:21.

Passenger
    Did (1) through (4), works fine (although I found this post after doing 1-4).
    executed the step (5) command (with dump1090 & piaware running) - didn't work.
    In a previous NOOBS 2.1.0 & FR24 install (but no dump1090-mutability installed) I had to install FR24 manually as the step (5) script didn't work there either.

I redid the install (1-5) to get a clean install of dump1090-mutability.

The FR24 manual install instructions don't have the command sequence for installing FR24 if a dump1090 has been installed prior to attempting to install FR24:

h t t p :// forum.flightradar24.com/threads/8908-New-Flightradar24-feeding-software-for-Raspberry-Pie

any idea what the modifications are to the above link's manual install if a dump1090 is installed prior to installing FR24?

Thanks