Multiple feeding on RPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by port107
    Do you do those 2 workarounds after you're done with all of the steps described in your original post? After these?

How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi
    Last revision/update: April 05, 2017
    First two workarounds AFTER installation of dump1090-mutability, but BEFORE installing FR24 feeder, i.e. in following sequence:

1. Install dump1090-mutability
    2. Workaround for missing rtl-sdr rules
    3. Worksround dirmngr
    4. Install fr24feed
    5. Indtall Flightaware feeder
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-01-27, 05:56.

Comment

Download Jessie lite on your Windows or Mac computer from this link:

Clicking above link will download following file on your Windows or Mac computer:

2017-07-05-raspbian-jessie-lite.zip

Download etcher from http://www.etcher.io, and install it on your Windows or Mac computer.

Burn the downloaded Jessie_lite image to your microSD card using etcher. This will remove Noobs, and install Jessie Lite.

NOTE:
      You wont be able to use keyboard, mouse, and monitor with Lite version as it is does not have GUI (Graphical User Interface). You can access Pi by SSH from your Windows or Mac computer after installing PuTTY. To enable SSH, you will also have to create a file named SSH in the microSD card when it is plugged into your Windows or Mac computer.

If you prefer to use keyboard, mouse and monitor connected to your Pi, then dont use Lite version of Jessie, use full version.

Download full version of Jessie by clicking this link:

Clicking above link will download following file on your Windows or Mac computer:

2017-07-05-raspbian-jessie.zip
      Last edited by abcd567; 2018-01-27, 06:34.

Comment

Thanks a ton! Following you directions, I was able to get all three services working on my box. (FR24, FA, RB24). That's on Raspian Stretch. Would there be a benefit to installing and running it on Jessie Lite now that it's all working?

And is the difference between "Lite" and "normal" that the normal package installs the GUI?
        Last edited by port107; 2018-02-05, 22:59.

Comment

Any alternative to Etcher? I burned image to microSD card but it doesn't boot at all.
          Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-06-05, 07:42.

Comment

Originally posted by suberccz View Post
            Any alternative to Etcher?
            Win32 Disk Imager (for Windows only, wont work on Mac)
            Download Win32 Disk Imager for free. A Windows tool for writing images to USB sticks or SD/CF cards . This program is designed to write a raw disk image to a removable device or backup a removable device to a raw image file. It is very useful for embedded development, namely Arm development projects (Android, Ubuntu on Arm, etc).

Comment

For Mac you don’t have to have any additional software, provided you are happy with the command line, see:

Ben.
              FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Pi Card Imager - android app prepares SD cards on Phone, without Win/Mac/Linux PC

Available at Google Play Store.
                Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-29, 21:02.

Comment

Heck, I'm new to Pi and am learning. I followed this step by step and it all worked...except with loading of Flightaware (using step 2). I get errors that say there are unmet dependencies, etc.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
                  piaware : Depends: libreadline7 (>= 7.0~beta) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: tcl-tls but it is not going to be installed
                  E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I have no idea how to fix this....

Comment

@wb0rur

Try these commands to fix broken package problem

Code:
                    sudo apt-get update –fix-missing

sudo dpkg –configure -a

sudo apt-get install -f
                    After executing above commands, check status of installation of piaware

Code:
                    apt-cache policy piaware
                    If not installed, try installing it again.

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-03-02, 16:48.

Comment

Sorry, having some issues - hope this isn't a dupe. When I run the check status:
                      piaware:
                      Installed: (none)
                      Candidate: 3.6.3

It also give me version table links, but I can't post them because I'm a new member.

BTW, i added the gain option to the dump map and the rssi...worked perfectly so feel pretty ignorant I can't get FA to work.

Comment

Also, I'm running Jessie if that makes a difference

Comment

I am not sure, but it may be possible that Piaware current version 3.6.3 is not compatible with Jessie, and giving installtion issues.

As the "apt-cache policy" command confirms that piaware is not installed (installed: none), try to install it again from instructions on this page (STEP 2 ONLY):

Setup PiAware to directly feed live ADS-B data to FlightAware via a Raspberry Pi running dump1090. Step-by-step instructions along with a link to your statistics and how to register for a free FlightAware Enterprise account.

Comment

Are you running a standard Raspbian image?

Then nothing should be preventing you from upgrading to Stretch like this:
                            apt-get update
                            apt-get dist-upgrade

After that you should be able to install piaware.

Edit: Oh you might need to change your apt sources to upgrade to stretch.

Can you show the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list

If it shows jessie you can edit that file with sudo and replace jessie with stretch.
                            Or just add this line:

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ stretch main contrib non-free rpi

Then after that the update/dist-upgrade should do its job.
                            Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-03-02, 18:20.

Comment

Cleanest way to upgrade is to download Raspbian Stretch Lite image from http://raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian and write the downloaded image to microSD card using Win32DiskImager or Etcher. While the microSD card is still in the card reader ugged into desktop/laptop, open it by clicking its drive letter and creat a blank text document and name it ssh. This step is necessary to enable ssh.

After this, insert microSD card in RPi and power up. Then install dump1090_mutability (or fa), fr24feed, and piaware.

Comment

Thanks to you all for your help. I'm feeding a couple of services, I'm sure I can work through feeding others. However, this time when I "customized the dump1090 gmap, instead of the signal strength in the RSSI column which I added, I am seeing the letters "RSSI" there (instead of the signal strength numbers). I guess I must have fat fingered something? I've re-edited it a couple times with the same results. What am I missing?

Comment

Working...
                                X