Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATC and Flight Radar 24

Hello and Kia Ora,

I was wondering if there would be any way for FR24 to be able to show what ATC zone/channel/area a particular flight would be on at the time?

It would make 7700's more interesting to follow, and would also help me out in learning about ATC areas.

Also, slightly off topic, but if anyone knows of any good online maps that show ATC areas, I'd love to hear from you.

Dan
    Twitter/Instagram: @dannews
    http://www.dannewstravel.com

ATC boundries are a map overlay (may be premium only) but are only at a country level not airport level.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      ATC boundries are a map overlay (may be premium only) but are only at a country level not airport level.
      They show up at the "Gold" level. In the South West USA they are smaller than Country. They cross State Lines. Takes about three or four to cover Texas.

Comment

Supposed to get Aeronautical Charts also, but haven't figured how yet.

Comment

Well, I thought I found "Charts" but what showed up looks like NavAids. I am not a pilot, lol.

Comment

And when I click back-and-forth between NavAids and None, I see no difference (same as None).

Comment

OK, I think I have it figured out. FlightRadar24 is a world wide multi-language user program. As I sit here in the Captain's chair in Phoenix, AZ, USA, the beautiful terrain map and all the little planes and hundreds of options and features in English (that I take for granted, lol) would not appear nearly as wonderful to someone in, let's say, Moscow or Paris. Of course, each would expect all options and feature choices to be offered in their local language.

The advertisements (paid subscription differences) shown to me (English) have the options in question described as follows: See attachment #1

FR24#1.GIF

Now the Settings Options related appear as: See attachment #2

FR24#2.GIF

Although I am not a pilot, I have seen hundreds of Aeronautical Charts in my life time (77 yrs). These two FR24 options, NavAids Low and NavAids High, contain about 3%-5% of the info contained in what an English speaker in the SW USA would refer to as an Aeronautical Chart. So for the problem to appear solved (to me), the FR24 (Windows) Gold Level Setting Option related to this discussion should be NavAids: Off, Low, and High. "Aeronautical Chart/s" should not appear as part of this feature/option.
              Last edited by rwier; 2017-02-13, 06:05. Reason: double cut/paste of same material

Comment

The free http://www.skyvector.com is the best resource for high and low level aeronautical map of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by rik130 View Post
                  The free http://www.skyvector.com is the best resource for high and low level aeronautical map of the world.
                  Thanks!!! Now that looks like an "Aeronautical Chart" (as I remember them)!

Comment

Working...
                  X