FR24 shows Status as Offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 shows Status as Offline

Hi everyone, new to the forum, however a long-time FR24 user.
    Anyway, I got a Raspberry Pi3 and a DVB-T USB stick to feed data for FR24, it's connected to a UPS and wired up to the router so there are no power outages.

However, twice today I've noticed the feed goes offline on it's own and comes back up on it's own as well. I'll log in to FR24, it'll go and say 'Status: Offline', last seen online will be about 5-10 minutes before the current time. I'll stay logged into the session, and within 2-3 minutes, it'll show as Online again.

Is this normal, or is something wrong? Shouldn't it always show online, regardless of whether I'm logged in or not?

Also, another ting I noticed was that my Business subscription states that I can be logged into 3 devices at the same time.
    During RBPi setup, it asked for my email and pass for FR24, then I log in sometimes on my laptop (otherwise stay logged out), and am logged in on my smartphone. I was suspecting that maybe because of too many log-ins, it affects the Pi3, am I going insane or is this possible?

Excuse the newbie questions, I just want this thing to work well, and not give me or FR24 any issues.

Cheers

Your login won't impact the RPi.

How is the RPi powered? What's the rating of your DC power supply? And is your SDR receiver directly connected to the RPi or do you have a USB cable?

Unstable DC power can cause this sort of outage.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

that not means a problem with rpi or power supply, sometimes just because yes dump1090 crash, OK twice a day is not normal but in a month yes, just keep a eye on it, another think do you have your adsb web page shared online? what ports have your rpi open to the Internet? brute Force attacks can make cheat happens.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrcarlos View Post
        that not means a problem with rpi or power supply, sometimes just because yes dump1090 crash
        An unstable power supply can cause intermittent outages. No one mentioned Dump1090 crashing.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by mrcarlos View Post
          that not means a problem with rpi or power supply, sometimes just because yes dump1090 crash, OK twice a day is not normal but in a month yes, just keep a eye on it, another think do you have your adsb web page shared online? what ports have your rpi open to the Internet? brute Force attacks can make cheat happens.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
          Tried logging in to FR24 website today as well, and it showed Offline, after staying logged in for a few minutes, it comes Online again.

The last seen shows about 5 minutes before I've logged in and the uptime in statistics shows as 100 percent.
          Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          Your login won't impact the RPi.

How is the RPi powered? What's the rating of your DC power supply? And is your SDR receiver directly connected to the RPi or do you have a USB cable?

Unstable DC power can cause this sort of outage.
          It's got a 5V / 2.5A power supply.

The power is hooked up to a UPS along with the router and modem because power outages are frequent in Pakistan. However, the UPS was pretty expensive and voltage and whatnot is stable. So it can't be that I guess.

The antenna is connected directly to the DVB-T stick, which is then connected directly to the antenna via the supplied cable. The USB itself is also directly plugged into the RPi itself and not using a cable extender or anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Comment

How is the RPi connecting to the Internet? Ethernet cable or WiFi via a router?
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

How is the RPi connecting to the Internet? Ethernet cable or WiFi via a router?
              I knew WiFi would be unstable, so it's connected via ethernet to the router.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Comment

Thanks. Your local setup looks just fine. I've run out of ideas. Unless your Internet connection is unstable?
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thanks. Your local setup looks just fine. I've run out of ideas. Unless your Internet connection is unstable?
                  Just got a pretty quick fiber connection with a very good upload speed.
                  I'll look into some ports and whatnot, but the connection itself is rock solid.

Thanks for the help btw.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Comment

The other thing can be range. If you only send data for short periods the stream goes to sleep mode.

Can't confirm right now but lead to beleive if you have uptime full (server connection) but offline, there's potentially a lack of data

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      The other thing can be range. If you only send data for short periods the stream goes to sleep mode.

Can't confirm right now but lead to beleive if you have uptime full (server connection) but offline, there's potentially a lack of data

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                      This is probably it.

I'm still experimenting with different places in the house to put the RPi and antenna to get the best range.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Comment

I also have been looking closely at the statistics pages to improve my installations range and performance etc. I've noticed that I am offline in the early hours when no aircraft are in range of my station but very quickly come back online when aircraft data is received. I think Oblivian is right - it seems you can have 100% server connection and have 0 hours without hits but be offline at times because no aircraft are in range. The term uptime is being used in two different ways in the stats - confusing !

I'll do some more analysis on this - to see what the time period is between the last data is uploaded and when FR says offline (does anyone know this already ?) and how the pinging works.

Forever learning - cheers all

ylis

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
                          I also have been looking closely at the statistics pages to improve my installations range and performance etc. I've noticed that I am offline in the early hours when no aircraft are in range of my station but very quickly come back online when aircraft data is received. I think Oblivian is right - it seems you can have 100% server connection and have 0 hours without hits but be offline at times because no aircraft are in range. The term uptime is being used in two different ways in the stats - confusing !

I'll do some more analysis on this - to see what the time period is between the last data is uploaded and when FR says offline (does anyone know this already ?) and how the pinging works.

Forever learning - cheers all
                          I guess because mine is on the ground floor of the house and not upstairs, the range is limited and because the airport in my area isn't as busy as other airports, I am actually also starting to suspect that's why it goes to sleep.

Will try and move it around on the weekend however to get slightly better range.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Comment

Originally posted by murtaza12 View Post
                            I guess because mine is on the ground floor of the house and not upstairs, the range is limited and because the airport in my area isn't as busy as other airports, I am actually also starting to suspect that's why it goes to sleep.

Will try and move it around on the weekend however to get slightly better range.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Check your daily availability graph and compare that against the status. Status shows a feed offline if it hasn't uploaded any data in a certain time period. But if there is a break in availability graph as well for that time, then it could be something else.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X