Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FR24 shows Status as Offline

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    The other thing can be range. If you only send data for short periods the stream goes to sleep mode.

Can't confirm right now but lead to beleive if you have uptime full (server connection) but offline, there's potentially a lack of data

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    This is probably it.

I'm still experimenting with different places in the house to put the RPi and antenna to get the best range.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Passenger
    I also have been looking closely at the statistics pages to improve my installations range and performance etc. I've noticed that I am offline in the early hours when no aircraft are in range of my station but very quickly come back online when aircraft data is received. I think Oblivian is right - it seems you can have 100% server connection and have 0 hours without hits but be offline at times because no aircraft are in range. The term uptime is being used in two different ways in the stats - confusing !

I'll do some more analysis on this - to see what the time period is between the last data is uploaded and when FR says offline (does anyone know this already ?) and how the pinging works.

Forever learning - cheers all

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by ylis View Post
    I also have been looking closely at the statistics pages to improve my installations range and performance etc. I've noticed that I am offline in the early hours when no aircraft are in range of my station but very quickly come back online when aircraft data is received. I think Oblivian is right - it seems you can have 100% server connection and have 0 hours without hits but be offline at times because no aircraft are in range. The term uptime is being used in two different ways in the stats - confusing !

I'll do some more analysis on this - to see what the time period is between the last data is uploaded and when FR says offline (does anyone know this already ?) and how the pinging works.

Forever learning - cheers all
    I guess because mine is on the ground floor of the house and not upstairs, the range is limited and because the airport in my area isn't as busy as other airports, I am actually also starting to suspect that's why it goes to sleep.

Will try and move it around on the weekend however to get slightly better range.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
    I guess because mine is on the ground floor of the house and not upstairs, the range is limited and because the airport in my area isn't as busy as other airports, I am actually also starting to suspect that's why it goes to sleep.

Will try and move it around on the weekend however to get slightly better range.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Check your daily availability graph and compare that against the status. Status shows a feed offline if it hasn't uploaded any data in a certain time period. But if there is a break in availability graph as well for that time, then it could be something else.
    --

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan View Post
    Check your daily availability graph and compare that against the status. Status shows a feed offline if it hasn't uploaded any data in a certain time period. But if there is a break in availability graph as well for that time, then it could be something else.
    Yup, it was the first thing.
    Availability graph is fine, and everything is working well.
    Guess the short range and lack of aircraft to report sometimes causes it to doze off sometimes.