Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account blocked due to bad data - but why?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account blocked due to bad data - but why?!?!

Hi All. I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I would like to ask for some advice. I have been uploading data to FR24 for a while via my USB stick and 3 months ago I suddenly found my account had been blocked. After a little “e-mail tennis” I discovered that this was because my stick had started uploading “bad data”. Neither I nor the person I was corresponding with had any idea why this may have happened. FR24 deleted my account so that I could reinstall and recreate the account (apparently this was quicker and easier than unblocking the account! – I must admit it didn’t make too much sense to me but who am I to argue!) and everything continued ok. Now, 3 months later this has happened again. Firstly, can anybody suggest any reason why this happens. It seems strange that while nothing has changed on my system the data should just suddenly become bad. Secondly, the customer service has been totally absent from FR24 on this occasion with the only “helpful” suggestion I received from their support being “It’s your PC, it’s your problem” and being told that they won't delete or unblock my account! As I have absolutely no suggestion my end whether the data I am sending is good or bad I fail to see how I am supposed to know that my system has started generating bad data and reset it before the account becomes blocked as FR24 have made no attempt (at least I have never received anything) to inform me. I am therefore thinking that perhaps a change of program may be in order for 2017. I have been providing “good” data to help them out but now I have an issue they have no interest in helping me out and are happy simply to block the account. I see no sensible logic in creating a new account for it to block in 3 months, so I create a new account for i t to block …. and so on. Any suggestions gratefully received. Best wishes for 2017 to all. Jonathan

What decoding software are you using and are you sharing the data with any other tracking service?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi Anmer. Thanks for your response. I am using fr24feed on a PC running Windows 10 Pro. As far as I am aware the data isn't being shared with anyone else.

Comment

Thanks.

Are you using the Windows feeder with the built-in Dump1090 or a stand-alone version? And have you tried using a different DVB-T SDR receiver?
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I'm using the Windows feeder (which I guess has the built-in Dump1090 as I haven't installed anything else). I only have 1 stick so I haven't tried using a different stick. When I "reset" everything it works fine for around 3 months before the issue seems to arise again so I'm not sure it is hardware related. I have a suspicion it may be a "reboot" issue as the PC that I have it running on is on 24/7 (and normally that means the feeder is running 24/7 too) with a reboot every so often as needed (usually due to updates). Could it be related to when the system runs for a longer period? If the system has been running too long without a restart? The bigger issue in a way is that fact that nobody alerts me to the problem but instead just blocks the account. If the issue is simply cleared by restarting the PC it seems crazy that FR24 instead block the account with no warning and then refuse to unblock it or delete it so that I can set it back up. I can't be the only one this happens to can I? Thanks for your help Anmer.

Comment

Thanks.

Since you appear to be using FR24's own combined decoder and feeder app, it does seem odd that it suddenly starts sending bad data. Perhaps the DVB-T SDR receiver overheats?

Unfortunately, since FR24 then blocks your feed and doesn't engage with you, there's not much you can do. Except take your feed elsewhere.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

GPS location right?.... Too far and it may think the datas false

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
              X