RED aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED aircraft

I usually designate the call sign as the only information displayed on-screen.Lately I have noted on quite a few occasions,when I click on an aircraft,the side display appears as normal.However,sometimes,when I click on the aircraft again,the side display disappears,again as normal,but within a few seconds the aircraft in question displays in red,with no callsign atttached.This is similar to an aircraft in emergency.When I click on the a/c again all is normal,but the anomaly returns after a few seconds again.
    It doesnt happen every time but is odd.What think you?

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
    I usually designate the call sign as the only information displayed on-screen.Lately I have noted on quite a few occasions,when I click on an aircraft,the side display appears as normal.However,sometimes,when I click on the aircraft again,the side display disappears,again as normal,but within a few seconds the aircraft in question displays in red,with no callsign atttached.This is similar to an aircraft in emergency.When I click on the a/c again all is normal,but the anomaly returns after a few seconds again.
    It doesnt happen every time but is odd.What think you?
    Not quite sure what you mean by an aircraft in emergency but that effect has been evident since the last update. It will sometimes cause several aircraft to remain in red. Probably a bug but not entirely useless because it makes particular aircraft of interest easier to locate when the screen is zoomed out to the point where the labels disappear.

Comment

Sorry,I didn't word that very well.I meant that when an aircraft is transmitting a 7700 squawk,it shows up red on screen.Good to know that its just a bug.

Comment

image.jpg

Like this one coming into land at Edinburgh Airport

Comment

Not exactly what I meant Silvertouran.All aircraft turn red when you click on them.What I find is that when I click
          on the aircraft again to get rid of the side panel,a few seconds later the aircraft icon turns red again and its label disappears.

Comment

The aircraft i showed in the screenshot was red before i clicked on it and its Squawking 7700 which I assume means it was in an emergency situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertouran View Post
              The aircraft i showed in the screenshot was red before i clicked on it and its Squawking 7700 which I assume means it was in an emergency situation.
              I don't think I've ever seen an aircraft squawking 7700, probably because I don't take much notice of squawks, so I did not know the icon turned red in that circumstance. Bad day when you don't learn something.

Comment

It was talked about in December,2012.

See this thread for more details on those red aircraft icons.
                All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertouran View Post
                  Sorry I hadnt noticed that.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                    I don't think I've ever seen an aircraft squawking 7700, probably because I don't take much notice of squawks, so I did not know the icon turned red in that circumstance. Bad day when you don't learn something.
                    But thats the point.If an aircraft is squawking an emergency code,it will show up red on the map.My problem was with aircraft showing up red,but NOT squawking an emergency.

Comment

On a slightly different note. I scanned the map over to the USA and some of the planes are pink rather than yellow. Anyone know why?

Comment

Working...
                      X