London to Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London to Perth

Just read on the BBC News that Qantas will be flying non-stop flights from London to Perth in Western Australia which will take about 17 hrs. They will be using Boeing 787 -9 Dreamliners. Apparently it will be the longest non-stop flights in the world.

Originally posted by Silvertouran View Post
    Just read on the BBC News that Qantas will be flying non-stop flights from London to Perth in Western Australia which will take about 17 hrs. They will be using Boeing 787 -9 Dreamliners. Apparently it will be the longest non-stop flights in the world.
    Would be great in business - but I don't think cattle class would be too brilliant for 17.5 hours plus another 2-5 hours, probably in a different aircraft, to get to any other Australian city.

Comment

My first thought was how do the pilot and crew stay awake for 17 hours or do they work in shifts?

Comment

Shifts. There's always 2.5crew on super long hauls. Especially a380s

One would have thought this wasn't the longest haul when Dubai akl is between 18and 19.

Perhaps longest 787 leg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Shifts. There's always 2.5crew on super long hauls. Especially a380s

One would have thought this wasn't the longest haul when Dubai akl is between 18and 19.

Perhaps longest 787 leg
          Qantas are pretty good at claiming best this and that but I've always reckoned the DXB - AKL flight must be close to the longest but never looked up the data to find out. Currently Qantas claim that their SYD-DFW service is the longest. Of course actual distance should be the true measure not hours in the air because it's normally quicker to fly west-east than east west but then the route can vary from day to day.

Comment

Nowww it comes out clearer.

"The route once started will be the one of the longest non-stop flights exceeding the current Emirates service between Dubai and Auckland but shorter than Qatar’s Doha – Auckland that should start shortly"

DXB - AKL 14,326km (EK777/380) 17 hours and 15 minutes
            Doha - AKL 14,539km (Qatar 777) 18 hours and 34 minutes
            LHR - PER 14,498 (QF 787) approx 17hrs +/-

– The 14,498km flight will take approximately 17 hours (slightly more or less depending on winds).
            – When it launches, is expected to be the third-longest passenger flight in the world.
            – Longest flight on the Qantas network, followed by our non-stop A380 Sydney-Dallas service (13,730km).
            – Will be the longest Boeing Dreamliner flight in the world.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Nowww it comes out clearer.

"The route once started will be the one of the longest non-stop flights exceeding the current Emirates service between Dubai and Auckland but shorter than Qatar’s Doha – Auckland that should start shortly"

DXB - AKL 14,326km (EK777/380) 17 hours and 15 minutes
              Doha - AKL 14,539km (Qatar 777) 18 hours and 34 minutes
              LHR - PER 14,498 (QF 787) approx 17hrs +/-
              The devil's always in the detail! You'd almost think the 787-9 was still a new plane in the market the way Qantas and the WA government are carrying on about this PER - LHR service. The A350 is the new kid on the block; so new that the only one I've seen thus far in this part of the world is Cathay's CPA118 HKG - AKL.

Comment

It's interesting that Qantas have FINALLY come back to Perth after abandoning all international flights out of Perth and therefore handing over a huge chunk of their market to the Middle Eastern Airlines.

I can't say 17.5 hours in a Dreamliner squashed down the back is my idea of fun - I like the room of an A380 down the back !

My wife though, thinks it's magic that she can go back to the UK without stopping.

I can't see many people though coming to Perth though and then getting on another internal flight over East to be honest; especially if you can do it direct in comfort from the Middle East etc.

Comment

Working...
                X