Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: [Very Important] Is it legal to post data from China?

  1. #31
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by rik130 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    FR24 and FA will probably have to cut a deal with China's government
    Is there a ROFL smiley on these forums?
    Aaand...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We hope to find a solution with the Chinese authorities that will be satisfying for all parties.
    @rik130, are you still ROFL?

  2. #32
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-ZBAA1
    Posts
    49
    Everything in China is TOP secrets. Only Trump can fight with the Chinese government.
    Last edited by stargate; 2019-05-17 at 05:41.

  3. #33
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-ZBAA1
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnothere View Post
    Ya, I think you are right about F-T6M , I guess FR24 was try to protect local ground station who still didn't noticed the situation , but that's not enough cuz all data through network and it's totally under surveillance in China , if they want find someone they can easily track you down when necessary .
    Well, you are undercover now. Come on and come back online again!
    I saw your data before.
    Last edited by stargate; 2019-05-17 at 05:51.

  4. #34
    Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vergiate Italy
    Posts
    3,712
    Now the Air Force are upgrading their transponders and are visible on FR24 again, it will be interesting to see how FR24 cope with this problem before China is shut down completely. Chinese feeders be ware!

  5. #35
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-ZBAA1
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by apgphoto View Post
    Now the Air Force are upgrading their transponders and are visible on FR24 again, it will be interesting to see how FR24 cope with this problem before China is shut down completely. Chinese feeders be ware!
    How can the Chinese government(Yes, pls distinguish China and its government) shut down the system? Block the server IP?
    Feeders can use VPN/SSR to upload data.

    I wish someday the Satellite network could be used in China. Well, that's a dream, unless......

  6. #36
    First officer 1090 MHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    F-CYYZ2
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by stargate View Post

    I wish someday the Satellite network could be used in China. Well, that's a dream, unless......
    You're not dreaming.. Space based ADS-B on equipped Low Earth Orbit satellites is a coming reality... give it about 3 to 4 years for full global coverage. Most of the LEO networks that are up and running at this time are still in a test phase. This will be the solution for the Chinese ground based receiver restrictions.

  7. #37
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-ZBAA1
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    You're not dreaming.. Space based ADS-B on equipped Low Earth Orbit satellites is a coming reality... give it about 3 to 4 years for full global coverage. Most of the LEO networks that are up and running at this time are still in a test phase. This will be the solution for the Chinese ground based receiver restrictions.
    At that time, the feeders will be retired?

    By the way, actually, I meant the Satellite Internet in my last reply.
    As you may know, because of the GFW of China, we can't browse websites freely, including wikipedia, google, youtube, twitter, facebook, etc., even some FR24 web links.
    The people in China need some technology to surf online. For now, the sort of ss/ssr/vpn is the only way.

  8. #38
    Captain Anmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    give it about 3 to 4 years for full global coverage.
    It's already been achieved.

    https://aireon.com/

    https://www.suasnews.com/2019/01/air...e-based-ads-b/
    Mike


    www.radarspotting.com

    Radarspotting since 2005

  9. #39
    Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vergiate Italy
    Posts
    3,712
    Quote Originally Posted by stargate View Post
    How can the Chinese government(Yes, pls distinguish China and its government) shut down the system? Block the server IP?
    Feeders can use VPN/SSR to upload data.

    I wish someday the Satellite network could be used in China. Well, that's a dream, unless......
    A big difference between the people and the Government, I work with some very good people when I am in China.

    Well the "authorities" managed to get MLAT switched off for China to hide military aircraft, the same "authorities" visited uploaders and were not very friendly as I'm sure you will have heard.... Variflight seem to have most military codes blocked on their system perhaps FR24 need to do the same...

  10. #40
    First officer 1090 MHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    F-CYYZ2
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    That's Aireon and they are government funded in multiple jurisdictions. They spent billions building that ADS-B space based network because that network will actually be used for real ATC.

    There is currently multiple private sector companies launching low cost low earth orbit cub sats that are capable of ADS-B. Once enough of them are up there in orbit the coverage will be good. They will then sell this data to companies like FR24, etc..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •